Help me plz!!! Me=TrueNoob First build ever..

Associate
So first I’ll apologise for my spelling and grammar I have a.d.d. Which I know is no excuse but please bear with me I’ll try to be as clear as possible..

I’m 30 live in the uk and I have always had a passion for gaming and iv decided to build my first gaming pc. Iv always owned standard cheap towers for general computing and low Rez games like theme hospital and early command and conquer games but now I want a half decent rig that will run gta5 or even forza horizon 5 hopefully.
So iv been looking a few months and have picked up a few bits tower, motherboard, and a water cooler I will list these below.

Motherboard:

https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/TUF-H310M-PLUS-GAMING/

Case/Tower:

https://www.thermaltake.com/Chassis/Micro_Case_/Versa/C_00003148/Versa_H18_/design.htm

CPU/Processor:

https://ark.intel.com/products/126688/Intel-Core-i3-8100-Processor-6M-Cache-3-60-GHz-

CPU Cooler

https://www.**********/products/cor...MjTdNxwy2rrjAU-PiYd-a_SvunjAFlL4aAp1dEALw_wcB

This is the point where my budget must be showing as you can see it’s took me months to get these parts so by now you and me both realise graphics, ram, are not cheap so now to the reason I’m here on overclockers I would love to know what you all think will be the best way for me to progress eg...

What you think I should do to get Forza horizon 5 to work,

What parts you think I need,

Any advice would be greatly appreciated thank you all...

What's your current PC spec? What graphics card do you have?
If you PC is of a reasonable spec then a graphics card upgrade might be all you need to do to achieve what you want.

It’s not been built yet. I still need to get loads all I have is what iv listed.
This is why I need help iv put the cpu in the motherboard and the motherboars in the case that is as far as I have got... need to save for power supply, ram, and graphics card. I’m not sure on what exactly to get in my low price range.

What is your budget? You don't actually mention it. You should be looking at 8 or 16 GB of DDR4 RAM and a GPU with 4-8 GB of VRAM.

You're actually in luck: AMD have announced their new Radeon VII product which means OCUK are having a clearout of old Radeons.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £323.02 (includes shipping: £11.10)

Extra funds should be spent first on the GPU then on adding a SSD

My budget is about £30 - £40 a month I know it’s not a lot but it’s all I can afford that’s why I need all the help I can get thank you so much for the parts advice... I’ll look into getting one of these parts as soon as possible hopefully as you say the gpu will drop in price very soon then I can finally get going with the build.

Totally forgot to add my budget sorry.

This is absolutely the worst way to build a pc. By the time you have bought everything it will be out of date plus you are wasting the warranties. What if a component is dead on arrival? Slim chance I know but it does happen. After 28 days you are no longer entitled to a straight swap and the component has to go back to the manufacturer which could take a month or more, especially the Asus motherboard because Asus are terrible when it comes to warranties. What you are better off doing is not buying anything and putting the money aside until you have enough to buy everything in one go. Is the cpu or motherboard less than two weeks old? If either of them are (especially the cpu) send them back for a refund and start saving until you can buy everything.

This is absolutely the worst way to build a pc. By the time you have bought everything it will be out of date plus you are wasting the warranties. What if a component is dead on arrival? Slim chance I know but it does happen. After 28 days you are no longer entitled to a straight swap and the component has to go back to the manufacturer which could take a month or more, especially the Asus motherboard because Asus are terrible when it comes to warranties. What you are better off doing is not buying anything and putting the money aside until you have enough to buy everything in one go. Is the cpu or motherboard less than two weeks old? If either of them are (especially the cpu) send them back for a refund and start saving until you can buy everything.

I 100% agree. My motherboard was dead on arrival so you never know if the part is working until you test it which you can't do with half a system.

I'd follow this advice purely to financially protect yourself from any mishaps.

Back
Top Bottom