Help me replace my sky router

Sam

Sam

Soldato
Hi

Please recommend a replacement router for the piece of crap sky give out. I'm bored of rebooting the damn thing !!

Thanks in advance

Sam

Can't type for toffee
Don
http://www.cm9.net/skypass/

Will recover your user/pass for the DSL settings in your new router.

Despite INSISTING you use their hardware if there are any issues they seem to do everything they possibly can to not replace your router, will ask for you to pay and then
refuse to supply the details should you decline their overpriced tat.

Caporegime
http://www.cm9.net/skypass/

Will recover your user/pass for the DSL settings in your new router.

Despite INSISTING you use their hardware if there are any issues they seem to do everything they possibly can to not replace your router, will ask for you to pay and then
refuse to supply the details should you decline their overpriced tat.

From a support point of view 'making' you use a Sky router is so much easier.

Sky told me that if you can get it working Sky won't stop you but they won't supply details or support you if you have any problems.

Thought about the new Sky Hub? £39 but has been rock solid for me so far. No Gig LAN but I don't need it so no big deal.

Sam

Sam

Soldato
OP
Hi Chaps

I have ordered a Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH, only just checked back on this thread for the other replys (Thanks)

I'm assuming this router has no modem so im going to have to still use the Sky modem. Is this fairly easy to setup??

Im a real network n00b :p

Thanks

Sam

Soldato
Easy to get the username and password.

Get a new router and away you go.
I've done it a few times, as mentioned above sky just won't help. They want you to pay them for a new router. I've actually found the netgear DG834GT that Sky gave me to be very reliable though.

Back
Top Bottom