Help - Motherboard or RAM problems(i think!)

Associate
Hi all, it's been a while.

So i've recently been having problems with the pc just full blown freezing, sometimes i'll get BSOD and it'll reboot on it's own and everything seems fine but more and more it's just freezing and i have to manually reboot via the tower.
Problem is that it's not rebooting, the screen goes black and you wait for the BIOS messages to appear... and nothing. I had a little play around and i switched my RAM to the other slots and it's booting fine except now i've got a blue tint to everything on screen from the second i power up, all the way into windows and linux.
That's why i'm thinking it could be a mobo problem rather than just the ram, if the mobo is in that much of a bad place it could be affecting the pci-e slot and therefore the visuals on screen? Although i've only got this tint since switching ram slots, if I switch back the system just won't boot.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance, Si.

Specs: Mobo ASUS P5Q-E, Q6600 CPU, Geforce 260 GPU, Corsair Dominator DDR2 2x2GB Memory.

Soldato
Soldato
Sounds like your GPU - from the BSODs (I got this from my old 8600GT), the blue tint (display/GPU related.) Could also be PSU. Do you have a spare PSU/GPU lying around to test in the system?

Back
Top Bottom