Help My Ryzen is Unstable,Question about XFR

Associate
Hey guys,

Ive been having issues with my my ryzen pc...
It randomely crashes like a lockup,it only does this during idle tho..
When gaming it never happens,also nothing is overclocked its running stock
With latest bios update,and mobo drivers etc..
I did turn off XFR of my ryzen 5 1500x thats all i did..
I have no idea what to do..
My motherboard cant overclock its a asus prime a320m thats why its stock..
Im thinking of turning on XFR again to see if that solves my problem
When enabling core performance boost(xfr) is it best to also disable cool and quiet? What about c6 and c states??
Right now its on default i havent touched it exept for xfr so if i enable that again
Should i disable anything else like the cool n quiet,c6,c state??

I hope we can figure it out im kind of lost now :(
My full specs are Ryzen 5 1500x
Asus prime a320m mobo
Crucial 8gb ddr4
Radeon RX 550 2gb
Kingston SSD storage..

Help?

Associate
Can't see how disabling XFR would cause the problem but no need to turn it off really and also no need to touch anything else as its how its was designed to work. I've had a few of the same problems before but 1 was bad ram and the other seemed to a 3rd party program (Hwinfo64).

Soldato
Possibly while idling, the core voltage drops to too low a level?

You could try setting this voltage manually to say 1.25V (as a starter). Leave everything else default including enabling XFR.

Associate
OP
Possibly while idling, the core voltage drops to too low a level?

You could try setting this voltage manually to say 1.25V (as a starter). Leave everything else default including enabling XFR.

Ok but ive read that global c state can make the system crash should i disable it?
Also xfr makes my vcore rly high
Idk why it crashes if everything is on auto/default

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Also i found out that thr CVL supported memory of my motherboard is missing the ram module im using... is it that why its unstable
I checked the whole ram list and its not there but there is one that is very close to it thoand almost the same..
My motherboard is asus prime a320m-k
The supported ram that is listed is crucial ct4g4dfs8213
But my ram is cruial ct4g4dsfs824a so yeah slighlty different does it matter?? The one i have is not listed exactly..

Edit:Hmm i heard that the qvl doesnt matter much... still dont know why it crashes on stock and sefault/auto bios settings

Last edited:
Associate
Are all the timings correctly set to match the RAM ? such as enabling XMP / DOCP ... if I just manually set the frequency on the bios ( but not the timings ) I had instability. Selecting DOCP fixed it as it picked up all the timings + frequency.

Do you have any hardware monitoring programs running ? A lot of comments about how they can destabilise the ryzen systems.

Associate
OP
Are all the timings correctly set to match the RAM ? such as enabling XMP / DOCP ... if I just manually set the frequency on the bios ( but not the timings ) I had instability. Selecting DOCP fixed it as it picked up all the timings + frequency.

Do you have any hardware monitoring programs running ? A lot of comments about how they can destabilise the ryzen systems.

My motherboard doesnt support overclocking its asus prime 320 but i can check i think i have it all on default also..
I noticed the timing of the ram is cl17 its not listed on the cvl
What should i do?? I have to be sure before i go buy more ram.

Edit also i checked my ram doesnt have xmp its just crucial 4gb 2400 ddr 4 timings cl 17 model number CT4G4DFS824A also not listed on my cvl asus mobo a320m-k
Im getting random crashes usually during idlebut happened at load before too
I have this problem for like 2 months i rly want it fixed please help

Last edited:
Associate
Can't see how disabling XFR would cause the problem but no need to turn it off really and also no need to touch anything else as its how its was designed to work. I've had a few of the same problems before but 1 was bad ram and the other seemed to a 3rd party program (Hwinfo64).

So I am not the only one. HWinfo64 caused crashes on my machine for a long time until I tracked it down. Was pulling my hair out fiddling around in Ryzen Master, BIOS, RAM, voltages etc. Even reinstalled Windows.

Associate
My motherboard doesnt support overclocking its asus prime 320 but i can check i think i have it all on default also..
I noticed the timing of the ram is cl17 its not listed on the cvl
What should i do?? I have to be sure before i go buy more ram.

Edit also i checked my ram doesnt have xmp its just crucial 4gb 2400 ddr 4 timings cl 17 model number CT4G4DFS824A also not listed on my cvl asus mobo a320m-k
Im getting random crashes usually during idlebut happened at load before too
I have this problem for like 2 months i rly want it fixed please help

Try scanning through your log reports in Windows. Make sure you aren't running a monitoring program like HW64.

Then just use one stick of RAM at a time to rule out a bad RAM stick. Also, try to manually up the voltages on your RAM even though you haven't XMP'ed it. Try 1.275 and then 1.3 etc.

Soldato
If you've been messing around in the bios then reset it to defaults and see if that fixes the issue, also consider a fresh install of Windows this usually does the trick although as a last resort.

I was one of the unfortunate ones, got the 1809 update before they pulled it and was forced to clean install everything... this caused nothing but instabilities.

Associate
So I am not the only one. HWinfo64 caused crashes on my machine for a long time until I tracked it down. Was pulling my hair out fiddling around in Ryzen Master, BIOS, RAM, voltages etc. Even reinstalled Windows.

Yeah it was annoying but I still have it installed now and works fine. I’ve noticed some sensors have gone in my current version so maybe it was that.

Associate
OP
Is there an option to select "docp" on the memory speed options in the bios (either in ai tweaker or advanced tab) ?

What options do you have in those menus?

No i cant select docp prob cause my ram is rly slow 2400mhz cl17
My mobo alsodrivers dont allow me to oc only thing ii can select for ram is the 2400mhz and the timings :/ so not sure whats going on

Associate
OP
Try scanning through your log reports in Windows. Make sure you aren't running a monitoring program like HW64.

Then just use one stick of RAM at a time to rule out a bad RAM stick. Also, try to manually up the voltages on your RAM even though you haven't XMP'ed it. Try 1.275 and then 1.3 etc.

My ram is 1.2v 2400mhz tho but i can try it :(

Back
Top Bottom