Help My Ryzen PC locks up with weird audio buzzing

Associate
Guys i need some help i cant find out whats going on
it happens completely random but every once in a while mostly happens in games ive noticed
is when Im playing then suddently my pc will completely lock up! and then i hear this screaching buzzing noise and then i have to force shut it down with power button...
its happened about 4 times now and ive only got my pc for couple months..
i found a video online with the same EXACT problem here it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ3yXpY5yoc

so maybe by the video u can kinda figure out what it could be???
its not me in the video but it is the same exact problem im having and the same noise too

:( this is not cool i hope some one can help

edit:
forgot to note my specs
ryzen 5 1500x
radeon rx 550
8gbddr4 crucial
antec 500watt psu
asus prime 350 mobo

Associate
When I've heard that scream of death from the computer it's been the powersupply being overstretched & undervolting components - how old is the PSU?

Associate
OP
its all brand new well about 2 months old now it had very good reviews i forgot the name i think its like antec vp or something it was recommanded along side that evga that budget builders like to use..
i dont think its the psu or is it ??? the screaching buzzing sound comes from speakers if you watch the video of the link you will hear its coming from the audio it self but what is it :( its been happening randomely

Soldato
its all brand new well about 2 months old now it had very good reviews i forgot the name i think its like antec vp or something it was recommanded along side that evga that budget builders like to use..
i dont think its the psu or is it ??? the screaching buzzing sound comes from speakers if you watch the video of the link you will hear its coming from the audio it self but what is it :( its been happening randomely
Can't watch the video right now but is it the sound of the audio cache looping? Like it's a tiny slice of the audio which got stuck because the PC crashed?

Associate
OP
Can't watch the video right now but is it the sound of the audio cache looping? Like it's a tiny slice of the audio which got stuck because the PC crashed?

no its not the game sound thats looping i dont think, its it own buzzing sound sounds kinda scarey you will hear it once u see the video cause its exactly the same im scared idk what to do heh all i want to do is play my games =/

Associate
OP
i hope my pc is fine and i can fix this :( its done this 4 times already in 2-3 months since i had it

anything i should do i rly need help?
im also on a clean copy of windows 10 now and it still happened :( any one watch the video?

here is another video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP8REYKMIeE same problem
but my buzz was tiny bit louder maybe because that wasnt recorded well maybe? but yeah same problem on my new ryzen no idea what it could be i also have a new gpu now my last one did and this one too so thats not it either =/ could it be audio?? i do see more then one audio listed in device manager i think ive read some where it can conflict with eachother??

and its a hard lock up btw have to press the power button i get no respond from keyboard or mouse it just freezes hard

Last edited:
Soldato
Sounds like the PC has crashed and the audio is looking to me. Didn't watch the second video it it's familiar.

What are your:

- Clocks
- RAM settings
- Temperatures

Like?

Associate
OP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmJFVgOg34E lol another this is the exact sound it makes it sounds freaky..
anyways my clocks are all on stock i dont overclock i dont like it but i do have XFR disabled cause the vcore was hitting 1.5v i didnt like that but now its 1.2-1.3vcore at 3.5ghz
my ram is crucial 2400 mhz ddr4 i also have it set as 2400mhz the rest is on auto
my temperature is 40-46c cpu while gaming
and gpu is 45-58c
and mobo is 30-34c
hdd is 29c lol so yeah def acceptable i dont get it =/
also my psu settings are all normal like 12v, 5v,etc..
some one said in a old topic of where i found that video that it sounds like ram failure?? its a new chip tho what you think?

Associate
That is sound loop caused by the crash. Usually sign of instability (CPU or RAM) or HDD failure. Recently had one of my HDDs die, and couple of days prior kept crashing in games with the similar noise.

Even though the temperature on the HDD is fine, does not rule bad or corrupt sectors.

You say everything is stock, are you by chance running WIndows 10? Did it get any updates recently?

Associate
OP
That is sound loop caused by the crash. Usually sign of instability (CPU or RAM) or HDD failure. Recently had one of my HDDs die, and couple of days prior kept crashing in games with the similar noise.

Even though the temperature on the HDD is fine, does not rule bad or corrupt sectors.

You say everything is stock, are you by chance running WIndows 10? Did it get any updates recently?

oh man i hope its not my ryzen also my hdd is a ssd kingston uv400 something like that 128gb also about 2 months old
yeah its windows 10 i have to use windows 10 cause of ryzen cpu..

Associate
Can you use a liveboot usb stick to load linux - I'm curious if it'll crash the same way.

I want to clarify if it's hardware or software.

Associate
oh man i hope its not my ryzen also my hdd is a ssd kingston uv400 something like that 128gb also about 2 months old
yeah its windows 10 i have to use windows 10 cause of ryzen cpu..
If its not a driver issue then the first thing i would try is check for a BIOS update to rule out any RAM compatibility. Then i would just bump the Ram voltage up a tiny notch and see what happens.

Associate
OP
If its not a driver issue then the first thing i would try is check for a BIOS update to rule out any RAM compatibility. Then i would just bump the Ram voltage up a tiny notch and see what happens.
how would i bump up the ram voltage and to how much? the ram is 2400mhz ddr4 corsair i believe it was or crucial lol one of the 2 id have to look..:( not cool im scared might be something broken

Associate
OP
My bet is on an overheat.

its not tho im a temperature freak i have my cpu fan speed set to ultra so it spins faster then normal and my cpu temp i never seen above 45c while gaming and its 30-40 idle non gaming..
my gpu i havent seen above 50-55c max
my ssd is always 29c lol sometimes 30
my mobo samething always 33-35
ram? dont know it doesnt show but its not overclocked or anything and just running stock
nothing is overclocked btw...
also got about 3 120mm fans in my case as well

Back
Top Bottom