Help Needed | £1800 Gaming Build

Associate
Hello folks,

I was hoping for some advice on what would be my first custom gaming PC build, if anyone would be so kind? I've had a look at other threads (honest) but none really speak to me.. you know?

I have a budget of around £1800-1900 (no need for monitor/keyboard etc.). I was thinking either Intel's Core i7-7700K or AMD's Ryzen 7 1800X (though I definitely need advice on which to get). I might also need advice on which motherboard would go best with this..

I also want a GTX 1080, i'm not really looking at the 1080Ti unless any of you can find a way of including it in that budget without having to scrimp on other areas

I have a 4k Monitor and just want a PC that will gobble up any current game at decent FPS and be as future proof as £1800 will make it..

Can it be done?

Appreciate your help, kind souls

Pal, what a reply! Appreciate all your help so far

I trust your judgement but I'm clueless, could I ask a couple of questions?

1. Would there be no reason to go for the Ryzen 1800X over the 1700X?
2. Liquid cooling seems magical but a little daunting, am I going to be able to fit this without drowning my computer? Would air cooling not do the trick?

Right, great, thanks

I stress over choosing between the i7-7700K and the 1700/1800X as I know the i7 does give (slightly) better fps in the majority of games, I know the Ryzen bosses a lot of other areas, but i'm guessing I'm never going to notice the difference in frames at this level, and as you say the Ryzen might one day out perform the i7 in future games if they start making use of the extra cores?

Perfect, thanks a lot

I like the first build you suggested, would you say that was the best 1080 to get? I don't know if there's much difference between them

And lastly (maybe), any slight upgrades you would suggest for that if the budget was £1900?

Is it the "best" no that would be the Aorus or STrix or maybe on with a AIO cooler also.

But its decent, decent cooler, good warranty, back plate and is cheap enough.

You're selling me on me this stulid!

As long as there is no minor tweaks that could be made to that sort of set up that could bump up performance for an extra £100 or so, I may well go for your suggestion

You've been a massive help my man appreciate ya

Back
Top Bottom