Help needed before i go mad

Associate
Hi i'll list my system again as i got the screen of death just now.
Sapphire pure adv mobo pc-a9rd480adv
Amd 3.7 sandiego cpu
2gb corsair twin x matched
2 x Sapphire x850xt graphics cards
X-fi sound card
1x seagate 120gb hard drive
ulta x 500watt psu

Ok i keep getting the screen of death.Temps all good, voltages seem ok,have tried different ram no diffrence,have tried uping voltages no difference.It very bad in dual channel so i have to run single but even then it will do it after about 1 hour sometimes sooner.All components are about 3 months old accept the ram wich i just got to replace my ballistix thinking it was ram but its not. What are your thoughts on the mobo or the psu.It does seem to be getting worse slowly. Thanks for taking the time to read this post.

Soldato
have you run Memtest on the ram mate,that will tell you for definate if your ram has a problem at least. What kind of temps are you getting ?

Are you getting any kind of error message with the bsod ?

Rob

Soldato
jason rees said:
There is an error message on the blue screen but it restarts before i have time to read it

Go to Control Panel then System properties. Go to the 'Advanced' tab, then the 3rd Settings button down - under 'Startup and Recovery'. In there, untick "Automatically restart". Then you should be able to see what the BSOD is when it happens again.

Edit: Beaten to it :)

Soldato
Phemo said:
Go to Control Panel then System properties. Go to the 'Advanced' tab, then the 3rd Settings button down - under 'Startup and Recovery'. In there, untick "Automatically restart". Then you should be able to see what the BSOD is when it happens again.

Edit: Beaten to it :)

LOL. it's usually me that gets beaten ;)

Associate
OP
ok here it is.

STOP: 0X0000008E (0X0000005 , OXBF824EB6 , 0XF4B6FB18 , 0X00000000)

WIN32K.SYS - ADDRESS BF824EB6 BASE AT BF800000 DATE STAMP 43446a58

thats it folks.

Just a thought both makes of ram i have tried have been pc4000.Is it just a case of my motherboard doesnt like running pc4000 in dual channel.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Ok not getting anywhere so i 've just ordered an asus mobo as according to the sapphire forum there are about 4 other people with the same problem and it turned out to be the board how , how crap is that. The Asus board is said to be the most stable guess i'll have to wait and see.

Back
Top Bottom