Help Needed - Hard Drive Swap

Associate
Hi,
First post on the site - I hope it is in the right place..

Here goes, please bear with it..

I had a Windows 10 laptop which had all my personal stuff on (photos/music/games etc..) and the motherboard burnt out somehow. anyway, I removed my hard drive and used an SSD Caddy for a couple of years to turn it into an external hard drive for my wife's netbook.
Everything was going ok, but not ideal for playing games on.

I have managed to get hold a used Windows 10 laptop with a busted HDD off my son because he replaced it with a gaming PC.

I have replaced the damaged HDD with my HDD and Windows loads up fine it has remembered my desktop shortcuts etc.. however none of the links will work..
I would have assumed that everything should have worked ok, but am thinking that I may have done something inadvertently while it was connected as an external HDD.

Is there any way I can reformat/reconfigure the C: Drive folder structure without losing all my data??

Thank in advance.

Soldato
Hello and welcome to the forums.

Has the drive letters changed at all? Do you get any errors when trying to click on the broken shortcuts?

Did you partition the drive so you had a c drive for os and hen another for storage

W10 had the option to reset the os without loosing personal data but may not fix your issue.

Back
Top Bottom