Help Overclocking i7 3930 on Asus P9X79 Pro

Associate
Hi All,

Just built a machine for work for After Effects based on the CPU and Motherboard as per the title but have absolutely no idea how to overclock it.

I had a look in the new shiny UEFI Bios and have no idea where to start :) Haven't really overclocked to any degree since my Q6600 (my current home i7 was a pre-overclocked bundle from OC).

Quick run down on specs:

i7 3930
Asus P9X79 Pro
32 Gb Corsair dominator (PC3-12800C10 1600MHz Dual/Quad Channel Kit)
Corsair H100 hydro cooler (which has the unfortunate gerinding pump noise, going to try the volt mod to fix)
GTX 560Ti
Corsair 850 Watt PSU
Corsair 256GB Performance Pro SSD (OS Drive)
Areca 1882i RAID card
6 x Seagate barracuda 2Tb HD (RAID 5 data array)

I want to put a low to moderate 24/7 overclock on this, as when rendering it will max out all cores for extended periods of time (and rock solid stability is required). Current temps on prime maxes out at approximately 54 degrees when H100 is on low/ quiet setting, or around 49 degrees when the h100 is on high/ noisy setting. As this is designed as a workstation it will probably always run in it higher speed/ cooler setting, the designers will just have to live with the noise :)

So if anyone is familiar with the above CPU and motherboard combo and is willing to speak slowly using small words to help me overclock this I'd be massively greatful :)

Thanks in advance,

E-I

Caporegime
Take a read of this, and then take a gander over my settings:

Well, half of these are from memory (as I only have half of it written down in my notepad!), but:

AI Tuner Settings

AI OC Tuner: Manual
BCLK: 125
CPU Strap: 125
CPU Clock Gen Filter: Enabled
CPU Core Voltage: 1.410v
Multiplier (All Cores): 40

Digi+ Settings

Load Line Calibration: High
CPU Current Capability: 130%
VCCSA LLC: Regular
VCCSA Current Capability: 120%

CPU Voltage Frequency: Auto
Spread Spectrum: Disabled

CPU Power Duty: Extreme
CPU Power Phase: Extreme

DRAM Frequency: Optimized
DRAM Current Capability: 120%

Maybe watch this too (although I found it incredibly tedious, and not particularly informative)

Back
Top Bottom