1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help picking case fans

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Dazzzer10, May 16, 2018.

1. Dazzzer10

Associate

I am looking in to upgrading my stock b case fans , I am considering Corsair with rgb type , most importantly I want maximum air flow , two for intake and one exhaust , price not really bothered .

2. BongoHunter

Hitman

If money no object then go for the Noctua stuff - no RGB though so have a add an shroud or seperate lighting

3. ttaskmaster

Soldato

If you just want max airflow, the Noctua Industrial PPC fans are pretty insane.
    If you want the best balance of quiet vs performance, then the standard Noctua range are about the best.
    If you want some semblance of quiet, plus RGB, but still with bloody good airflow then go with Corsair's ML series.

Just my opinion based on my experienced, YMMV. The biggest factor (in both noise and airflow) tends to be whether you have particularly tight mesh, filters, grilles or radiators up close against your fans, or not. Recently I simply removed the metal grille from the intake cover of my case (Enthoo Luxe) and within a minute my loop temperature dropped by just over 5ÂșC!!

4. Habakkuk

Wise Guy

Noctua are my preferred ones if you can justify the cost.

5. tamzzy

Soldato

your p300 case already has pretty decent fans, i wouldn't change them out.
    add to them yes, but no point changing them.

6. t31os

Mobster

Not fussed about price, Noctua or BeQuiet. pfffft about RGB, do your lighting separate.

Decent fans > fancy fans, choose one.

7. vvalter

Gangster

As others said, Noctua or BeQuiet are best, but if you don't want to waste tons of money I can recommend Arctic fans as well.