Help please, new machine need some friendly advice.

Associate
OP
Yeah mate, I been looking at that actually, would I notice any difference in performance with something like that compared to the Asus A8N32-SLi Deluxe nForce4 SLi X16, or the DFIs? Thats my only concern really.

Permabanned
nope not a bit.

& you wont unless you are going for heavy overclocks.

good thing is the asus is a very stable / reliable mobo, unlike the DFI.

Associate
OP
They will be as much as they will go untill my machine becomes unstable. :p
Will getting the 530w Tagan insted of the 580w make any difference to me?
And whats your opinion on the two cases I mentioned? Lian Li PC7 with stock fans or Eclipse 62 with Akasa Ambers, value and performance in mind.

Permabanned
well I managed 3.8 gig with an fx57 on that asus so i think its fair to say its none too shabby ;)

the 530 will be fine, although, personally I would go for a Seasonic 500W in your case.

case wise, the eclipse by far.

& dont get fans from here, not got a decent range, there are much much better elsewhere (BUT DONT ASK ITS AGAINST THE RULES)

Associate
OP
I like the Modular ones they look mint, not to mentioned the fact well, they just look mint hehe.
I know how high you clock, but thats because your machine is a beast :p
I thought the 120mm Akasa Ambers were good to get?
I am going to go with the X1900XT 512MB aswell insted of the original 7900GT 256MB.
Is the on-board LAN good to use aswell? Using the on-board stuff won't drain the system to much will it?
As I was going to use the Sound and the LAN.

Associate
mcmad said:
get the asus a8n-sli premium Trad, the DFI aint for you, trust me on this one.

Why an SLI board is he's not planning on dual gfx cards, what a complete waste of money. Something like the MSI neo4 nF4 Ultra would be just as good and £20+ cheaper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't understand why people spec SLI boards when only looking at single gfx cards, why, why ,WHY!

Back
Top Bottom