Help please! What are these called?

Associate
OP
My thoughts too, a 12v Hella socket. Very bad place to put one on a bike, though... and utterly shagged, from the look of it.

Ah yeah that's what it will be! Cheers.

RE the rubbers, I have gone back to the bike supplier as its supposed to have "1 month warranty" and was only delivered Friday.Hoping it isn't a chore getting them to sort out!

Soldato
Ah yeah that's what it will be! Cheers.
RE the rubbers, I have gone back to the bike supplier as its supposed to have "1 month warranty" and was only delivered Friday.Hoping it isn't a chore getting them to sort out!
From what I recall - Tank off, loosen everything, cables out, whip the carbs off and you're there. The only hard part is getting the carbs wiggled back in and the rubber boots over the intakes evenly without squishing anything, but even then it was far easier on the FJ/XJ platform than other bikes I've done this on.
I could probably do it within an hour, allowing for 2 cups of tea, four fag breaks and maybe a phonecall or two to the missus... My local mechanic works faster, but yaks for ages on the phone, and usually wanders off with pockets full of whichever tools you're about to need!

Either way, they should be able to sort this absolutely no problem.

Back
Top Bottom