• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

HELP PLEASE!!!

Associate
Ok guys,

Need your help please.... I bought an EVGA 7900GT KO Superclocked about a month ago and it turned out to be one of the ones with the dodgy memory chips, so I was getting artifacts and PC crashing when playing games. Anyway, so I got it RMA'd backed to EVGA and received my new card, and guess what? IT STILL DONE THE SAME!! :mad:

I'm getting a full refund now and would like to know what card you guys would suggest for around £230ish???

Cheers.

Soldato
join the club mate, my 7900gs died the same death as your 2 cards did, but i learnt my lesson the first time, the rumours of nvidia having fixed the problems with the 7900 series of cards was all blag. i ended up getting the ati x1900xt card which cost me £170 ish.

Caporegime
x1900 XT. :)

Yes it was all blag, thats why they replaced them with the 7950 GT, which was actually an admittance that they were all borked, as why have to stop producing them, and replace them with another card if they were fine. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
The Asgard said:
I’m sure if this was the case then it would be like the Dell exploding batteries saga and they all would be recalled.
Artifacting graphics cards can't seriously harm someone or force a plane to land, exploding batteries can.

That's the huge difference.

Associate
OP
Well I'm glad you said that, because I was going to get the 7950GT, as EVGA told me they were flawless performers lol!

So your all saying X1900 XT yeah? I'm an ATI virgin :eek:

Caporegime
The Asgard said:
"7900 series of cards was all blag" is a tad exaggerated. I’m sure if this was the case then it would be like the Dell exploding batteries saga and they all would be recalled.

Why recall them, they stopped producing them as they could'nt fix em.

Soldato
The Asgard said:
"7900 series of cards was all blag" is a tad exaggerated. I’m sure if this was the case then it would be like the Dell exploding batteries saga and they all would be recalled.

man that dell exploding batteries is some crazy stuff. how the hell did they let those slip past quality control. must have cost them a packet to do a recall and send out new ones.

Soldato
imo ati have the best cards out for the best price atm go with a x1900xt and no its been proved the x1950xt only gives a few fps more than the xtx, most on here will say forget the xtx and get a xt and clock it though.

Back
Top Bottom