Help Please

Associate
Hi all

I'm just asking for a bit of advice to see if there is anything I can do.

We had some ****** neighbors who finally moved out, and now the landlord is renovating the property.
Its been going on nearly 3 months now, and it just gets worse instead of better.
I've heard them in there around 7am and as late as half 10 at night, 7 days a week, banging, drilling and chiseling away.
I understand they want to get the house back up together to get it back on the market, but its now becoming a real nuisance.
Sunday they were in there at 8am banging and drilling on the other side of the wall which is part of our bedroom, and being my only day off as i'm still at work, wasn't expecting such a rude awakening, today they are using a breaker to take down the chimney breast, which is creating a a hell of a racket throughout our whole house, there is just no escape from it. Its every single day and it is getting out of hand now, and not once have they bothered to come and talk to us about any of it, and its not as though we can even go out now to avoid it.

Has anyone experienced anything like this before and can share how you combated this, or is it just a case of ignoring them and wait for it to be over?

Cheers

Soldato
Phone environmental health
And if it's a company /builders doing the work they are only allowed certain times to work
Had it once and environmental health literally phoned the company up within an hour of my complaint and followed that up with a letter
Forget the exact hours/days companies are allowed but its obviously nothing like you mentioned

Soldato
Have you tried talking to them about it and when they hope to be finished? Might at least give you a light at the end of a tunnel, or make them aware you can hear every bit of noise and it's doing your nut!

Soldato
If it’s a shared stack that they are removing on their side then it’s of paramount importance that the remaining stack is supported properly within the roof space. The fire wall must also remain in good order within the roof space too - as already mentioned, a party wall agreement etc needs to be in place for stuff like this

Caporegime
Cheers for your replies all.
I'll try talking with them and see what happens, if not, speak to the environment agency or council.

Cheers again

I can't believe you had to ask. If you have an issue with your neighbour you go and speak to them about it. Don't get angry. Tell them your side of the story and ask them to be amicable. Remain calm.

Ignoring it for weeks and months on end is only making it worse for yourself.

Back
Top Bottom