Help/ Potential problem?

Associate
I have built a new PC around an EK P280 kit with push/pull config fans. This is cooling a stock 6700k + 1080ti. I have just switched it on and started Prime95, within seconds of doing so the tempts jumped to 95+ (Idle is around 29-30) on all cores in HWMonitor + gurgling noises were heard. Does this suggest an air bubble problem?

Associate
Eeither No contact with chip from CPU block (i know its a silly question but you taken the protective film off the bottom of the block yes ?)

OR
No water movement.

Associate
gurgling does suggest air block .. did you not run it for at least an hr before turning it on ? .. tilt the case forward and backward with the res held above the case.. if soft piped .. using a bypass psu plug
if it's hard piped run it for 24hrs before turning it on

Associate
OP
Eeither No contact with chip from CPU block (i know its a silly question but you taken the protective film off the bottom of the block yes ?)

OR
No water movement.

Checked that- turns out I didn't remove all the film / must have ripped it when removing it.

Associate
OP
gurgling does suggest air block .. did you not run it for at least an hr before turning it on ? .. tilt the case forward and backward with the res held above the case.. if soft piped .. using a bypass psu plug
if it's hard piped run it for 24hrs before turning it on

I leak tested for 12 hours (soft tube) yesterday, although I will do more tilting.

Associate
OP
Temps now at 60 (with an upwards movement towards 70) while running Prime95, think it may have been largely down to the partial film.

Associate
OP
I will probably mess around with the BIOS too, as the MSI default has set the rather low with weird stepping.

Associate
OP
Switched to Intel Extreme Tuning to test the benchmark, at stock the temp during the benchmark was under 61, overclocked to 4.5 using the basic tuning the temp was under 71.

Back
Top Bottom