Help! Powerapp/Sharepoint list location change.

Associate
I have been asked to develop a powerapp with a sharepoint datasource. Let me say right now, this is my first foray into powerapps.

So I created my list in my sharepoint Dev site and then developed the powerapp using said list. After a bit of a learning curve I've managed to get the app to do what I want. In fact, the higher ups have decided it's good enough for production, which is nice! However, they want the list to live in a different site.

I've managed to move the list to the new site; Alarm bells should have started ringing as this was more complicated than it should have been.

How the hell can I tell my powerapp to use the new list, which is identicle in every way to the old list, apart from location?

I'd rather not have to redo my app and my Google-Fu has failed me.

Anyone had any ideas?

Cheers
:)

Soldato
I believe you'll need to change the data source for the Powerapp. When editing your app, you can see these under the View tab > Data sources. You can add a new data source there, and remove your old data source.

I think you will then need to go into any Form or gallery you have created within screens to change the data source location.

I think another option may be to export the powerapp and re-setup as new. I think this allows you to set a new data source, but i can't say i have tried it. Edit: (Just tried this, it retains the data source, so doesn't work as I thought it did!)

Last edited:
Associate
OP

I believe you'll need to change the data source for the Powerapp. When editing your app, you can see these under the View tab > Data sources. You can add a new data source there, and remove your old data source.

Holy crap, that did it! I was trying to change the existing data source and failing, didn't think of just adding a new one.

Cheers guys! Shame I spent a few hours remaking my app this morning. Doh! :)

Back
Top Bottom