help stutter and freezing all games NEW pc 3080

Associate
almost every new game i try and download either it wont run or lags and stutters constantly. games like fortnite, overwatch2, rumbleverse, sackboy big adventure. and many many more.
ive tried everything under the sun to fix it mind you this rig is only a month and a half old custom built it from microcenter. (which they basically said nothings wrong with pc cause they all have no clue what they doing over as far as troubleshooting) ive tried so many things xmp enabled, nothings in power saving mode, disabled all overlay things like gamebar and geforce, tried a fresh DDU, all drivers up to date. some games do work (not many but some) which is why this is very strange and literally no one has been able to figure it out. ive also tried different monitors and resolutions still nothing. frames will like drop to 59 and stutter hard in a lot of games

what stutter looks like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cxT74rRrbw

my pc specs:
  • i7-12700k alder lake 3,6ghz
  • z690 plus tuf gaming motherboard
  • vengeance rgb pro sl 32gb (2 sticks) ram
  • rtx 3080 10gb
  • lian li galahad 360mm rgb water cooler
  • samsung pro ssd 2tb m.2 drive
  • corsair 1000 watt 80 plug gold atx

these are my temps from what i am told by a pc friend of mine temp 5 is a broken sensor because it literally jumps from 0c to 115c to 20c literally every few seconds plus nothing feels hot/warm in the computer
    these are my temps
    gyazo .com/e7ccfbc88fe0c77362810169345839e2

ubm results:
    UserBenchmarks: Game 247%, Desk 117%, Work 271%CPU: Intel Core i7-12700K - 117.9%
    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 - 214.7%
    SSD: Samsung 980 Pro NVMe PCIe M.2 2TB - 481.1%
    RAM: Corsair CMH32GX4M2D3600C18 2x16GB - 107.3%
    MBD: Asus TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS WIFI D4

Associate
OP
Tried re-mounting your cooler, sounds/looks like bad contact.
ive already tried taking it out. no bad temps on furmark or anything i really don't think its the cooler this is very frustrating i have no idea what to do ive done too much research and tried so much ugh still nothing at all

Soldato
Run cinebench on your CPU and report the temperatures. Don’t bother with Userbenchmark. Also listen to your CPU, just in case the pump on the AIO has failed.

Associate
OP
I didn't notice anything in the video, can you tell me what I'm looking at, or when it happens?

Which games work and which games don't work?
i reuploaded a video you can see stutter a lot in this video you cant see it as well normally cause it only capture's in 60fps but you can deff see a lot of stutter when i turn my camera in game

Associate
OP
Are you using separate 8 pin connectors from the psu to the GPU and not 2 into one?
no clue i didnt build the pc microcenter did i payed 3k for a custom built pc which hasn't performed right in almost every game constant stutters freezing and lags on online and offline games ive tried literally everything to trouble shoot and did so much research im at a dead end

Man of Honour
i reuploaded a video you can see stutter a lot in this video you cant see it as well normally cause it only capture's in 60fps but you can deff see a lot of stutter when i turn my camera in game

When you spin your view from left and right and the frame rate crashes to 20 fps?

Associate
OP
When you spin your view from left and right and the frame rate crashes to 20 fps?
yes definitely the game is completely unplayable like this the frames are dropping so much ive tried changing every setting known to man on the computer and in game make me very sad

Man of Honour
yes definitely the game is completely unplayable like this the frames are dropping so much ive tried changing every setting known to man on the computer and in game make me very sad

Firstly, as suggested above I would run a proper benchmark on your CPU and GPU that you can compare the results and monitor the temperatures (hwmonitor will do if you can't get anything else), to check everything is working properly (like 3D Mark and Cinebench).

Second, can you run a full scan on your Samsung drive via Samsung magician?

Associate
OP
Firstly, as suggested above I would run a proper benchmark on your CPU and GPU that you can compare the results and monitor the temperatures (hwmonitor will do if you can't get anything else), to check everything is working properly (like 3D Mark and Cinebench).

Second, can you run a full scan on your Samsung drive via Samsung magician?
these are my results in the cinebench program https://gyazo.com/dd495d84d4fc4e2768eff3a96c1ff747

Associate
Could be lots of things - game overlays such as steam / nvidia, disk issues, peripherals causing interrupts, if it's not keyboard/mouse related, start out by closing all programs one by one that are in the background to see if closing a particular one resolves the issus.. same with peripherals, unplug all usb etc. one by one.

Associate
OP
Could be lots of things - game overlays such as steam / nvidia, disk issues, peripherals causing interrupts, if it's not keyboard/mouse related, start out by closing all programs one by one that are in the background to see if closing a particular one resolves the issus.. same with peripherals, unplug all usb etc. one by one.
ive done all this already ive disabled every overlat, reinstalled windows, DDU, every driver updated tried different mouses and keyboards and monitors, all still nothing improves.

Associate
ive done all this already ive disabled every overlat, reinstalled windows, DDU, every driver updated tried different mouses and keyboards and monitors, all still nothing improves.
Interesting, a rare case, so then you are left with the things that have stayed the same -
- Your motherboard - unlikely, but possible you have a fault somewhere.
- Dodgy bios settings somewhere, try load optimised defaults, bios update and then load optimised defaults.
- Disk causing OS to lock up momentarily due to defective part - though unlikely as it happens while you are turning camera which points more to USB bus issues

Check your event log for Administrative events to try to see if there are any interrupts being reported in there.

Also search for known issues with your motherboard to see if anyone else has had the same thing.

Good luck.

Soldato
no clue i didnt build the pc microcenter did i payed 3k for a custom built pc which hasn't performed right in almost every game constant stutters freezing and lags on online and offline games ive tried literally everything to trouble shoot and did so much research im at a dead end
your GPU should have either 2 or 3 pcie power connectors make sure each of these is connected to a pcie port on the psu.

Back
Top Bottom