help stutter and freezing all games NEW pc 3080

Associate
OP
Interesting, a rare case, so then you are left with the things that have stayed the same -
- Your motherboard - unlikely, but possible you have a fault somewhere.
- Dodgy bios settings somewhere, try load optimised defaults, bios update and then load optimised defaults.
- Disk causing OS to lock up momentarily due to defective part - though unlikely as it happens while you are turning camera which points more to USB bus issues

Check your event log for Administrative events to try to see if there are any interrupts being reported in there.

Also search for known issues with your motherboard to see if anyone else has had the same thing.

Good luck.
still no luck appreciate the help though. i definitely have the bios up to date and have loaded optimized defaults still nothing unfortunately very sad for pc that was build just over a month ago

Man of Honour
Could it just be your internet conection?

In the video the OP linked, the FPS actually drops (pretty dramatically), if the internet is crap don't you get 'ghosting' enemies and delayed shots rather than fps drops? I rarely play these type of games, but that was my understanding of it.

Soldato
In the video the OP linked, the FPS actually drops (pretty dramatically), if the internet is crap don't you get 'ghosting' enemies and delayed shots rather than fps drops? I rarely play these type of games, but that was my understanding of it.
Have never played online games so no idea.

Just thought the games listed are Online multiplayer, so maybe a internet problem.

Just re-read and noticed this, so maybe not internet.
constant stutters freezing and lags on online and offline games

Soldato
First off - if you paid microcenter to make it they should be fixing it...

Having said that, that video looks very similar to the interference I had/have with my logitech wireless mouse due to usb3 sockets (and case to some extent) causing interference on the 2.4GHz frequency (I kid you not, it's real). I know you've mentioned trying different mice etc but were they all wireless?

Just a side thought... check the nvidia control panel for the power settings, make sure they're on performance while in the game.

Associate
OP
First off - if you paid microcenter to make it they should be fixing it...

Having said that, that video looks very similar to the interference I had/have with my logitech wireless mouse due to usb3 sockets (and case to some extent) causing interference on the 2.4GHz frequency (I kid you not, it's real). I know you've mentioned trying different mice etc but were they all wireless?

Just a side thought... check the nvidia control panel for the power settings, make sure they're on performance while in the game.
power is on performance for sure. i have tried other mice and keyboards all are wired not wireless. and i brought it to micro center all they did was plug in a usb with a program called device doctor seemed super outdated but they said the pc is performing fine because thats what pc doctor said they really didnt check much they told me its a software issue not hardware and that its probably a corrupted windows. i tried re installing windows and DDU nothing all drivers are up to date every single one

Soldato
Just googled "Device Doctor", it only checks if drivers are up to date (if i am looking at the correct thing). http://devicedoctor.com/

I would show the store your video of the stuttering and see if they will check it properly.

If it is a prebuit PC you may void the warranty by messing with it to much.

Soldato
I would be tempted to attach a second monitor and run up task manager. This really looks to me like some piece of software is interrupting the game. Perhaps your virus scanner or something. Watch for bursts of activity when you get the lag.
Also I note that (I think) all the games you mention are online.
I assume with a 12700 you are on Win11 yes?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I would be tempted to attach a second monitor and run up task manager. This really looks to me like some piece of software is interrupting the game. Perhaps your virus scanner or something. Watch for bursts of activity when you get the lag.
Also I note that (I think) all the games you mention are online.
I assume with a 12700 you are on Win11 yes?
gpu is at 100% and cpu under 30% when i play minecraft i get the lag in single player

Associate
this could be more software than hardware, I had terrible FPS drops on Sekiro, basically unplayable when other games were, another thing to do is re-install your OS, then install only the stuff u need like gpu drivers, see what happens, try also rolling back a few editions

if the problem still persists after a fresh OS install then it points to hardware, I mean when u got the PC new it was working yes?

If its in warranty RMA the whole system, even if the reseller states they cant find an issue just request a replacement.

Deleted member 258511

Deleted member 258511

Have you tried limiting your frame rate to around 4 below your monitors refresh rate? I would do a fresh install of windows also via usb. If the problem still persists, they have to give you a refund or replace the system for you. It really should be them wasting their time troubleshooting rather than you.

Back
Top Bottom