[HELP] Watercooling noob, want to watercool just my GPU

Associate
I have a 3090FE, it's hot, it's loud, I don't like it, it needs water, don't want to spend a fortune or even include the CPU in the loop currently.

I already know I'll need a waterblock so a Corsair maybe? (Again, don't want to spend too much). I don't want any RGB and would prefer everything was black, including soft black hoses.

My current case is a Phanteks Enthoo Pro which can take a 280mm rad up front but I can't really see any room for a reservoir/pump so I might have to get another case unless there are some fairly compact reservoir/pumps.

So, what do I need?

Associate
Corsair pump comes with extras like a temp sensor.

I’ve put the ek block on mine and it wasn’t hard but it wasn’t simple. The Corsair block is lot easier to put on as all pads are already on the block and paste.

I’ve you are in the Corsair eco system then you can sync up the rgb.

Associate
OP
This is what I'm working with at the minute:

51320315905_1be2d93d00_z.jpg

I did measure up to see if my 280mm AIO rad would fit up top but I don't think it will.

Associate
Custom loop and keeping costs down don’t go hand in hand.

Don’t tie yourself to a rad size just because of the fans you currently have. You don’t have a lot of space so need to get a good rad in the front.

adding the cpu is like another £80 plus £20 for fittings so makes sense to do.
Also don’t forget a drain port

Soldato
I know you don't want to spend a fortune but that's going to be hard, the blocks for those cards are £300 alone I'm pretty sure? Say 80 for pump res, 60 for rad, 20 for fittings.

Ah wait corsair do a 155 quid block!

Spec states your case can have a 280 front and top, don't think you need a bigger case. You've got loads of room on that psu shroud for a pump/res, that or mount it to the 140mm fan in the front.

Last edited:
Soldato
I figure it'll be fine for what I need. I guess I need a suitable case, waterblock, pipes, Res/pump, drain poet, fluid, and that's it?
Your case is fine, a drain port isn't vital really, I wouldn't bother in a single rad gpu loop.

So..

Block,
Pump /Res
Rad
6 fittings / more if you want rotaries etc depends on the run.
Tubing.
Fluid.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom