Help with 3 course meal

Soldato
Hi, I am trying to do something good for the girlfriend.

I was planning on a pumpkin soup with bread for starters to make use of my slow cooker and a bit topical with Halloween.

Undecided on a main at the moment, probably chicken or maybe ribs or even small steak at a push? Something good with chicken breasts would be handy...

For dessert though, I need most advice, I wanted to do a kinda fancy hot chocolate as she likes that but I'm not sure if a liquid dessert will work with soup for a starter or will it be too much?

I am hoping to get some really dark and rich chocolate and jazz it up a bit maybe with vanilla, marshmallows, cream and maybe churros or some biscuit/bread on the side...

what do y'all think?

Associate
If your wanting something easier with the chicken breasts, how about some kind of chicken wellington?
Buy some puff pastry and stick a cream cheese filling of your choice in.
Add some dauphinoise potatoes and asparagus.

Pretty easy to do as it's just prep before cook, no manic cooking to bring it together.

Soldato
For dessert though, I need most advice, I wanted to do a kinda fancy hot chocolate as she likes that but I'm not sure if a liquid dessert will work with soup for a starter or will it be too much?
So you avoid bookending your meal with liquid courses, why not make the dessert into a fondue and provide an assortment of lovely things to dip in it?

If you can make churros, all the better.

Back
Top Bottom