Help with Adobe Illustrator

Associate
Hi guys,

So I'm fairly new to using AI and I'm trying to produce a birthday card!

I'm lining up the correct sizes etc by using the ruler and lining up what it is to go on the card perfectly, however when printing and folding the sheet of A4 in half to essentially make your card, all of the content seems to be too far to the left, meaning it is all very close to the fold but then leaving a massive gap on the other side?

What am I doing wrong please? Especially being as, it looks like it is lined up perfectly on the screen?

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Soldato
It sounds like a print issue rather than an illustrator issue, when you print it's probably scaling it down to fit. That said, if your ruler is exactly half way down the length of your A4 artboard it shouldn't make a difference. Assuming A4. Maybe post up a screengrab and I'll see if I can spot anything.

Associate
OP
It sounds like a print issue rather than an illustrator issue, when you print it's probably scaling it down to fit. That said, if your ruler is exactly half way down the length of your A4 artboard it shouldn't make a difference. Assuming A4. Maybe post up a screengrab and I'll see if I can spot anything.

Thanks for your quick response.

Sorry to sound silly, can I attach an image straight to this thread that is saved to my desktop?

Apologies, fairly new to using the forum.

Associate
OP
Unfortunately not, you'll have to host it somewhere then post it with BBcode.

I see, not sure how I can do that.

To confirm though, I've made the workspace 10 inches wide and I'm starting my image beyond the 5 inch mark so it's definitely over half way.

I'm just confused when it's printing as it's too far over.

Sorry if I'm reiterating the same points again.

Back
Top Bottom