Help with AN8-32X OC'ing opty144

Associate
Basically i cant oc my opty 144 above 2.2ghz, well stable anyway. faffed and got it to 2.4ghz (275mhz*9) but never mind bsod's, my bios crashs!! Have to leave it for a bit then reboot and set back to standard clocks.

Now after looking around it would seem i need to change hypertransport multiplier, problem is there isnt a setting for it (that i can see) in the bios?

Anybody familiar with abit an8 series boards that can help me out?

Also im new with the opty 144 running 2.2ghz(stock cooling) it can sometimes hit 50c after benching so maybe not advisable to oc anymore anyway?

Soldato
It'll either be called the HT Multi of the LDT Multi. It will default to 5x and you need to change it to 4x (and maybe 3x depending on how far you are OCing).

Associate
OP
Bit more complicated on this mobo obviously, its K8 NB, NB SB, SB K8 speeds to change? thats just a vague recolection of what it says in bios.

Anyway lowered all of them to 4x and still wont go higher than 275 but atleast seems happy with it.

Any ideas on how to get to my target 300htt?

Associate
just a quick bit of motivation for you - I've got mine running at 3.06 Ghz stable, so it can be pushed all the way, just keep on trying!

Associate
OP
I have tried 3x on all of them but still no boot.

bit dubious bout carrying on basically because of temps, peaking at 52c. I would have an aftermarket cpu cooler but been ripped of by an online shop i thought i could get rid of that few quid left in my paypal account for something usefull but funnily enough dont respond to mails etc anyway thats another story.

Looks like the suposed most overclockable board is out of my league with overclocking, it is more complicated than any board ive had.

Soldato
Keep going! It's probably less complicated than you imagine. You'll try a setting and it'll eventually work.

275 x 4 = 1100 which is pretty high for HT afaik. I thought that 3 x 300 would have been the more optimal setting.

I would keep going just to see if you can boot with the higher clock speeds. If the temps skyrocket during benching at least you'll know that you need a new cooler. You probably won't run into trouble with just windows.

Associate
OP
im basically out of ideas, turned all the multipliers back, mem frequencys down etc more than they prob need to be but still no boot round 280 above, do you reckon i need to up voltages atall? cpus on 1.4750 at 278htt mo it seems ok and mem 2.70. is there somthing im missing off?

Back
Top Bottom