Help with pc upgrade

Associate
help with pc upgrade for beginner.

Hi guys so I'm completely new to this and I'm wanting to upgrade my pc for better gaming, I'm thinking the cpu/ motherboard for a 13600k but what motherboard would I get and would I need a new cooler?

Processor:

Intel Core i5-9600K (9MB Cache, up to 4.60 GHz)

Memory:

16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz (2x8gB)

Hard Drive:

Seagate FireCuda 510 M.2 500GB PCI Express 3.0 NVMe & Seagate 1TB BarraCuda

GPU:

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB *

Power Supply:

Corsair 650W CV650

Motherboard:

MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PLUS

Cooling:

CoolerMaster Hyper 212 RGB

WiFi:

ADDON Wireless 11N 300Mbps PCI-e Adapter

Operating System:

Windows 10 Home x64

Case:

EG Diamond

Soldato
Which games? Which monitor do you have? Resolution and refresh rate?

The very best gaming CPU right now is the Ryzen 7800X3D. 8 GB VRAM is no longer sufficient for higher resolutions and graphical settings.

I think you should do some performance monitoring to find out what is slowing you down. Run MSI Afterburner in-game and Task Manager on a second monitor. You are looking for 100% utilisation of the GPU, CPU, CPU core, VRAM, or RAM. A quick win would be to purchase a 4 TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD - Club386 says they're now on special offer - and transfer the date from your Barracuda HDD to it. I'm not giving a link because it hasn't filtered through to OCUK yet but surely will. You will be able to transfer this to a new PC.

Man of Honour
Hi guys so I'm completely new to this and I'm wanting to upgrade my pc for better gaming

What games are you currently having trouble with?

I'm thinking the cpu/ motherboard for a 13600k but what motherboard

What's your budget?

Are you donating the old parts, or is the RAM re-usable?

would I need a new cooler?

I'm not sure this is compatible with 1700, or how much the bracket would cost.

Associate
OP

What's your budget?

What's your budget?

Hi im currently having problems with games like battlefield 2042 and hogwarts legacy, even new world at times it jusy seems my system is struggling with cpu intensive games i have a 144hz monitor. Im keeping everything i dont upgrade such as the ram and maybe sell on the cpu and motherboard if possibke

Associate
OP
Which games? Which monitor do you have? Resolution and refresh rate?

The very best gaming CPU right now is the Ryzen 7800X3D. 8 GB VRAM is no longer sufficient for higher resolutions and graphical settings.

I think you should do some performance monitoring to find out what is slowing you down. Run MSI Afterburner in-game and Task Manager on a second monitor. You are looking for 100% utilisation of the GPU, CPU, CPU core, VRAM, or RAM. A quick win would be to purchase a 4 TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD - Club386 says they're now on special offer - and transfer the date from your Barracuda HDD to it. I'm not giving a link because it hasn't filtered through to OCUK yet but surely will. You will be able to transfer this to a new PC.
It seems like cpu heacy games are what is slowing me down, mqybe even a bottleneck to my gpu but dont know where to start in terms of motherboard upgrade

Back
Top Bottom