Help with temp graphics upgrade

Associate
Hey guys. Looking to do an upgrade on my current (very old) PC, mainly used for gaming and wondering if I could get away with just replacing the graphics card for now, and eventually (six months or more..) do entirely new build.

Current PC: CPU - Intel Core I7-2600.

Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 ATX - Intel Z68 Express/ITE

RAM - Kingston DDR3 8GB (2x4GB)

GFX card - WinFast GTX 560 Ti Hurricane

Need to check my power supply sorry (potentially happy to upgrade too)... And just using a Samsung HD Monitor.

It can run most what i'd call medium spec games in an ok way. It's when I get into current AAA titles, it tends to load/run very slowly if it can load at all. With the graphics on low, Battlegrounds is pretty slow and really drops in FPS when I turn a corner/any action happens and looks like Starfox on the Snes graphics wise.

So thinking of going full wack on upgrading to a MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti (thinking of the Gaming X) and then use that when I do eventually do a full new build.
Just wondering what you guys thought of that as a bit of a temp fix? If it's possible... And if i'm going to be dragged down by my CPU/RAM at all? Not too keen on overclocking anything... It's barely hanging on as it is haha. Or should I just relax and wait 6-8 months and build from scratch? I would use this graphics card (and power supply) in my new build no matter what flashy new thing comes out later too.

Thanks for your help :)

Associate
OP
Hey Danny, thanks for the welcome and reply!

Oh yeah so the PSU could be a little bit under powered...? It's a Cooler Master RE-500-PCar-I3. Looking at reviews it's actually a sub 500W PSU. So think i'd need to upgrade that for safety huh?
And i actually forgot to mention (plus my first post was getting a bit long) that if i do get the upgrade, in a couple months i'd then get a ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q to match it up. As yeah you're right my current one is a HD 720p monitor, and the graphics card would be a bit overkill.

But yeah perfect, that all sounds pretty good then in theory. Thanks! :)

Associate
OP
Thanks guys
Actually yeah maybe i do just save some cash and go with a 1050ti for now until the whole thing burns out and go from scratch at an even later date.
Thanks for the advice guys.

Back
Top Bottom