1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!!!!

Discussion in 'Power Supplies' started by gaz1971, May 10, 2018.

1. gaz1971

Gangster

Having not needed to purchase a psu for years, I have no idea what is a decent psu these days, I'm talking budget end. A few years ago it was 'get one of these, they are made by Seasonic' and 'make sure it's got Japanese capacitors', so which of these new brands are any good?

2. Minibiker

Wise Guy

3. Rroff

Man of Honour

I would still go with Seasonic personally.

4. JRS

Capodecina

What's your system spec gaz1971? If you don't need an obscene amount of power, there's the Super Flower Platinum 450W for a good chunk less than that Seasonic which will still be very high quality.

5. gaz1971

Gangster

I currently have an Antec High Current Gamer(Seasonic made) and I believe it is 400w, I was just looking at a possible replacement that doesn't cost 150 quid and I know nothing about Cougar or Kolink as brands.

6. EsaT

Mobster

Just like Golden Green HX Platinum King is cheap PSU with third tier C(r)apXon capacitors in secondary.
    Bitfenix Formula with quality capacitors is cheaper.
    https://www.overclockers.co.uk/bitfenix-formula-series-450w-80-plus-gold-power-supply-ca-22x-bx.html

Cougar is retail brand of HEC which has long been cheap to mediocre manufacturer.
    Kolink probably has PSUs made by multiple manufacturers with quite varying quality/performance.

7. JRS

Capodecina

8. Rroff

Man of Honour

Kolink are worth every penny you don't spend on them ;)

9. Habakkuk

Hitman

Seasonic is still highly reviewed - i use them as non-computer power supplies too.