HERO height recommendation

Associate
Apologies for asking for advice on a topic thats been done to death...

Would a Hero be too big for me at 5 ft 10 & around 80kg? I dont want to be trapped around the shoulders & like the idea of the integrated lumbar over a cushion but it looks quite a big unit!

I've also been considering a Titan in the Softweave but they seem to have put the price up recently & would have to wait a few weeks also.

Luckily i can get a contribution from my work to cover a Hero but really difficult to decide without being able to sit in one.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Associate
I've got a Titan and I'm around 5'10", sadly a little heavier at closer to 95kg. Chair fits me perfectly :)
What I would say is Secret Labs shipping/customer support is a mess and you'll have no idea when you're actually going to receive it. I pre-ordered it when they were out of stock, was given an 8 week lead time, they then got them in stock after about 5 weeks, but they put the price up by £50 and refused to ship my back order as I'd ordered it at a lower price than what it was currently selling for. I was told I'd simply have to wait till the originally provided shipping estimate.
As it happened they then shipped the chair about a week later, so I did receive it ahead of the original 8 week prediction, but I received no less than four different tracking numbers with varying delivery dates from 2 different shipping companies, only one of which turned out to be valid.
That said, I cant fault the chair at all, its very comfortable.

Associate
At 6ft and 14stone/88KG Hero is a great size with plenty of shoulder room, shoulders sit quite forward on it rather than sinking in, even shoulders broader than the chair will be comfy as they'll stick out the side and won't be uncomfortable, my shoulders almost width of chair it's still super comfortable. The sides are have deeper curves that are more recessed in the mid section but still plenty of room.

I use on lowest gas setting height, likely fine for you as well. Takes some wearing in but you're likely able to do that within a couple of weeks at most, can be firmer for lighter users and take more time to wear in. Worked full time on mine for over a year now been very happy with cost, comfort and functions for a leather office chair.

Associate
OP
Thanks for response.

That sounds like a bit of a mess which is a shame when the chair itself is fine

I'm getting to the point where i need to order something before my body just gives up sitting on current chair but the Titan delivery seems to move everytime i look!

Associate
OP
At 6ft and 14stone/88KG Hero is a great size with plenty of shoulder room, shoulders sit quite forward on it rather than sinking in, even shoulders broader than the chair will be comfy as they'll stick out the side and won't be uncomfortable, my shoulders almost width of chair it's still super comfortable. The sides are have deeper curves that are more recessed in the mid section but still plenty of room.

I use on lowest gas setting height, likely fine for you as well. Takes some wearing in but you're likely able to do that within a couple of weeks at most, can be firmer for lighter users and take more time to wear in. Worked full time on mine for over a year now been very happy with cost, comfort and functions for a leather office chair.

Thanks for reply

if you are 6ft & on the lowest position, would i struggle to have feet flat? obviously depends on leg length but prefer not to have to get a footrest.

Sounds good on the shoulders though & should be able to wriggle around rather than be pinned in by the sound of it.

Associate
I don't think you'd have feet issues at all, 5ft10 isn't much from 6ft, I just pumped it up 2 inches or so to test and still comfy, the height is more for my desk height which is fixed and quite low, there's definitely still a nice range within that gas height for me.

You can get shorter gas cannisters for about £25 or so if a problem, but 5ft10 is tall enough you should be fine IMO.

Seen a Hero review of a guy 6ft and 20 stone, an absolute unit rather than fat, he was fine in it shoulder wise too.

Associate
OP
I can adjust the legs on my desk as well so pretty sure i could find a position.

just seems most reviews are for taller people than me. i'm not too worried about the width & if i continue working from home, there's a good chance i'll increase my weight anyway!

Associate
OP
Thanks. I've ordered a Black Edition due to arrive this week.

Sure it will be fine but the 30 day guarantee offers a bit of extra comfort.

Back
Top Bottom