• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Hey Gibbo.....

Caporegime
OP
Ooops not good that

The card? i know its not one of the better ones, the cooler is light, a little too light but it does have a dedicated VRam cold plate with fin stacks and the thermal pads fully cover the Memory IC's, it does a reasonably good job of cooling the Memory IC's, unlike some others in its price range.

The light weight GPU cooler problem can be made to work reasonably well, you can tune the volts on Navi 10 to drop the temps and increase performance slightly, doing that this card can be made to run at <80c with not bad noise levels, i also have a full mesh front case so i can tweak air flow quite well which will also help.

The Memory IC's, if they are not cooled properly there isn't much you can do about it, and some have that problem, this one doesn't.

I'm well aware of what this card is, but i'm also not a beginner when it comes to hardware, and the card was cheaper than almost all 5700 none XT's and just with-in my budget. :)

Soldato
Arrived at 10 this morning, DPD still really on it....

Humbugs like

giphy.gif

:D

Caporegime
OP
Humbugs like

giphy.gif

Quick dirty test...

Fans didn't come on, a common problem with this vendor, just needs a BIOS update, i forced them on with MSI Afterburner for now.

I ran it through Unigine Superposition expecting a jet engine and temps in the high 80's, no... it was better than that, the GPU stabilized at 69c, the VRM's 75c and the VRam also 75c, GPU clocks stabilised at 1880Mhz, fans ramped up to 65% and that was a bit noisy but far from "Bad or loud".

Apart from the fan issue so far so good..... scored 7900 points, 1440P High settings, compared to 5900 points with the 1070, about 35% higher.

Caporegime
OP
Glad it works Humbug

Card shows as 398.99 so how do I get it for 329 ?

Yeah its gone up in price.... they all have, this is what i was afraid of.

Anyway, been messing about with it, updated the BIOS so now the fans work as they should, was a quick / easy double click > wait 15 seconds > done!

Messing with volts and power limits i maneged to get the temps down from 75/95 to 70/90 and the fan speed down from 2100RPM to <1700RPM with no performance loss, its nice and quiet now, can't hear it with headphones on.

k3v

k3v

Associate
Only 6 left, be quick:
Asrock Radeon RX 5700 XT Challenger 8GB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £329.99 inc VAT

RX5700XT CLD 8GO, Core Clock: 1650MHz, Boost Clock: 1905MHz, Memory: 8192MB 14000MHz GDDR6, Stream Processors: 2560, DirectX 12 Support, Vulkan Support, RDNA, Freesync 2 HDR support, 2yr Warranty.
Only £329.99 inc VAT.
ORDER NOW

I won't be restocking these as a very poor seller and this price is a considerable loss but want them gone, this is about £50 below current rebuy too so its an epic deal for a 5700 XT if not the best model out there it is well engineered and cools well.

Don't expect delivery until next week though sometime, levels of business are way beyond Black Friday levels at moment and warehouse staffing levels have to be kept low to maintain social distancing.

There are three left, i wonder if they are going back down to the £329 price point, with payday coming up ;)

Back
Top Bottom