Hi - will Viewsonic VP930 19" LCD Monitor be good enough?

Associate
Viewsonic VP930 19" LCD Monitor is good enough!!!

Hi-

I wish to buy a new monitor- it is really only for one game - il2fb. this is a air combat sim and it really helps to spot the enemy at distance so a dead pixel would really spoil the game- with viewsonics new deadpixel policy I was wondering if the Viewsonic VP930 19" LCD Monitor would be fast enough for me.

any comments or suggestions appreciated

thanks in advance

Last edited:
Associate
Just picked up a VP191b through a sweet OcUk deal - virtually the same panel, though VP930 slightly improved - been very impressed indeed, especially when it comes to response time/lack of ghosting in games, which had been the single issue stopping me from moving from CRT for some time.

Associate
OP
Just arrived today - first impressions are very good - no dead pixels I can see - will need to calibrate properly and try it out on some games but Ill feedback some comments-

EDIT

First impressions -

I cant seem to go to the site to get the tests linked in the thread above but I have done some testing myself.

Downloaded dead pixel bubby and ran the tests - no dead pixels.

Monitor was VERY bright on initial set up but after calibrating using the viewsonic software and then tweaking my graphics card ( ATI X850) I was able to get a nice balance.

Have played UT2004 , Tombraider legends and IL2FB - all show vibrent colours with no tearing or ghosting and IQ is superb so Im very happy

thanks for help

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom