HID lights on bikes

Associate
so my zx10 when i bought it some one has installed 35W 6000k HIDS

yesterday after work im riding home ( country lanes) dear god i just could not see it was worse then using a candle even with the high beam using a h9 and h11 bulb, im not a massive fan or HIDS any one recommend some bulbs ? maybe just stick some 55w 5000K bulbs in?

thanks in advance

Caporegime
Completely depends on what projectors and bulbs the person has installed.

You can buy awful cheap rubbish from China that you might as well have halogens instead of they're that bad, or you can buy ones that looks like a Mercedes S-Class.

I have a 55W bulb and ballast with projectors kit from eBay Hong Kong, and they're somewhere in between. Better than halogens, but not quite an S-Class.

Soldato
My 55w HIDs are insanely bright with a perfect cut off

20150818_201848_zpsfpwtt8ib.jpg

20150818_201643_zpsv0sh4vnk.jpg

Soldato
I ran HIDs on my old GSXR retro fit. I know this won't go down well but they were awesome. The output was fantastic and they did not blind drivers (tested it).

Soldato
I fitted a 55w 5k kit last year to my GS and they have been fantastic. Full beam takes a second to hit full power, but still so much better than the halogens. By luck or judgement, mine don't dazzle at all. Not had a single 'flash' from a driver.

I do have an R bulb/burner on the dip though, which makes a big difference.

Associate
OP
Associate
I retro fitted Projectors in my R1,
the light output is really good the only downside I found was the amount of wiring involved, its easy to wire up just difficult to find somewhere to hide it all.

I hope the pictures work, im on works computer so cant tell. I copied the links from the R1 fourum I use

Caporegime
@the op fair enough and yeah the nightbreakers are good

I havnt had chance to fully test my hid's on dark country lanes yet,but if they are poor like you say I might change mine back

they do seem to cut off in light unlike a normal bulb where it spreads more

Soldato
Nothing worse than a ******* idiot riding behind you when fitted in correctly.

Edit: ohh look who go out the wrong side of the bed today :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom