1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** HIGH-END 2080TI's NOW IN STOCK: STRIX, TRIO, LIGHTNING, AORUS, WATER-COOLED ALL IN STOCK!!! ***

Discussion in 'Latest News, Deals & Special Offers' started by Gibbo, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Jason1973

Gangster

I wish people would stop complaining about the price. When the next Nvidia GPU gets released at £2500+ a card everyone will realise just what a bargain these are :p

2. bimbleuk

Wise Guy

and I'll still have my 980 Ti and 1080 Ti which both cost less than one of the premium 2080Ti GPUs added together!

Still I would buy a 2080Ti around a grand but it's not enough of an increase to tempt me yet.

3. colin Hamilton

Associate

that Aorus one had me tempted not going to lie

4. Vidar

Mobster

It is a beautiful looking card, just cannot justify that price especially considering how small a performance bump you get over the previous gen for that price.

5. crazybee

Associate

Resistance is NEVER futile...... I'm STILL resisting.....but damn its getting harder.....

6. prjwebb

Hitman

Fingers crossed they pull their heads out of the clouds for the next generation of cards and these are an absolute joke for how small an increase they are over a 1080ti.

7. silent

Wise Guy

no palit cards gibbo?

8. Doogles

Mobster

No I just see what a rip off PC gaming has become and stick with older hardware, I've said this before about the old Titan being a max of £999 and the HD 7970/R9 290 being at the most £400-£500 even with mining driving prices up, Ryzen has helped lower CPU prices, I'll just buy older cards from now on, or lower settings, 1080ti can be had at a reasonable price still. nVidia wonder why their stocks are dropping, how about stop releasing overpriced garbage.

9. Vish Petrol

Hitman

Read some of the previous comments. They will untempt you.

10. 233

Capodecina

i'd say theres probably a £300 gouge on the strix card,

retails for 1350 dollars with 2 freee games in the US atm or nigh on £1000.

plus vat is £1200 kinda difficult to justify an additional 25% markup because we're in the UK.

nvidia taking the pee with pricing retailers smelling blood and taking a chance to add a few quid on who knows.
    not that long ago the £1500 cost of one GPU would get you a full well specced rig capable of playing current AAA titles smoothly.

people will most likely point out and say well if you dont like it dont buy it, and no i wont and i'm in the fortunate position where i can buy hardware and claim the costs back
    personally i'd be tempted to build a complete vega 64 crossfire rig for the same money.

but you know its each to their own. and we all have our own little indulgences Gibbo if the price drops to £550 i'm tempted :)

11. StonedPenguin

Mobster

Madness

12. JediFragger

Capodecina

13. Gibbo

Commissario

Hi there

If a forum member wants a Lightning card by the way I would do them at £1500 inc, of course 1 per customer, the price online shall stay at £1999.99 simply as it brings a lot of traffic and over the weekend we've sold over 50 of the Strix cards because of vastly increased traffic in the section. :)

Any forum member interested needs to post in CS linking to this thread, so they have to be a member. :)

14. rolypolyman

Mobster

Is it just me who hopes no-one buys any! Is the 2080Ti 3-4 times better than the 2070. Nope no-where near. Utter madness.

15. Shashman

Gangster

2 grand for a graphics card.

What a world we live in today.