High Flow Next, High Flow 2 & High Flow lt flow sensors *Owners Club*

D4N

D4N

Associate
Just got my shipping notification for mine :DManaged to get one from a place in the Netherlands that still ships to the UK, so should have it soon.

Associate
Did you guys get yours from the shop of the same name as the product? Did you have to pre order? Did they take long to come? I signed up for notifications and one came through, but was already sold out when I clicked through.

Associate
My only suggestions are: Connect the cable or cables to the back before installation (if you can) because the connectors are small and of course will be hidden behind the unit once it is installed. Also if you plan to use the top buttons to configure it, make sure you have comfortable access because it does require a lot of back and forth within the menus.

My first unit was noisy so I asked for a replacement as per the Aqua Computer "recall" notice. It arrived yesterday.

I think I have found a minor bug in the firmware. If you select the device info screen (shows serial number, firmware version and supply voltage) and leave it until there is a timeout, the unit seems to want to go back to its operating mode but then the display freezes and I have to restart it. This has happened on both units.

Soldato
It would seem the water quality measurement only works with their own liquids so beware.
AC use a different mixture than most other companies (Mayhems, EK, etc) and their devices are designed around that. So their product manuals do generally state (where applicable) that correct calibration requires (among other steps) that you should use their Double Protect Ultra™... However, their techies have also said you can use distilled water mixed with (IIRC) up to 30% glycol additive... whereas I believe Mayhems et al are closer to 40% glycol, so too viscous to work with their kit.

D4N

D4N

Associate
Did you guys get yours from the shop of the same name as the product? Did you have to pre order? Did they take long to come? I signed up for notifications and one came through, but was already sold out when I clicked through.

Yeah, that’s where mine is coming from. Should be delivered today. I was just checking the website every few days, and noticed the stock level had a green dot, so ordered there and then, didn’t pre order it. It must have been the last unit they had, as they were out of stock after I made my purchase.

Associate
With regard to water quality, in my first test I used distilled water and within a relatively short time the quality fell from 100% to 50%. But then I added EK Cryofuel concentrate and it went straight back to 100% and stayed there.

Associate
Yeah, that’s where mine is coming from. Should be delivered today. I was just checking the website every few days, and noticed the stock level had a green dot, so ordered there and then, didn’t pre order it. It must have been the last unit they had, as they were out of stock after I made my purchase.

You got lucky! I'd checked a few times, but always red. Then got their notification. Still red! Ordered anyway. Hopefully won't take too long. After this, no more spending on my loop, I've promised myself :D

Associate
With regard to water quality, in my first test I used distilled water and within a relatively short time the quality fell from 100% to 50%. But then I added EK Cryofuel concentrate and it went straight back to 100% and stayed there.

Interesting. Do we know exactly what it's measuring?

Associate
I would imagine it’s measuring conductivity of the liquid.

Ah, you're right

"A very precise measuring system for the electrical conductivity of the coolant is integrated into the sensor. This is able to measure the conductivity between 2-200 µS and from this to determine the quality of the coolant. If corrosion occurs or if the corrosion protection inhibitors are used up, the conductivity of the coolant increases sharply. In this case the coolant should be changed."

Interesting that the distilled water solution showed such a quick change.

Don
It’s a natural consequence of the lack of ions in distilled water, starts non-conductive but will quickly strip metal ions out of fittings/blocks to make it conductive.

Corrosion inhibitor helps stop it.

Associate
After this, no more spending on my loop, I've promised myself :D

Hahahahahaha like that's going to happen there is always something that takes your fancy! I was happy with the Nickel fittings in my loop now I'm on a tube bending mission to eradicate them! For four and a half years I thought they looked the mutts now I want them gone!
I was happy with my Parvum case....No that had to go.
I was happy with Titan X(Pascal) SLi no had to go!
I Guess the I7 6950x days are numbered!

Associate
Hahahahahaha like that's going to happen there is always something that takes your fancy! I was happy with the Nickel fittings in my loop now I'm on a tube bending mission to eradicate them! For four and a half years I thought they looked the mutts now I want them gone!
I was happy with my Parvum case....No that had to go.
I was happy with Titan X(Pascal) SLi no had to go!
I Guess the I7 6950x days are numbered!

No more, FOR NOW, I should have added :D

Associate
Mine is in the post. I back ordered a couple of days ago. Efficient outfit. Ended up being quite expensive, but should be good!

Back
Top Bottom