High Intensity Discharge light kit fitted to my car:Pics

Soldato
Yep I ordered from the same guy as the link you posted. He even gave me a cheaper price and said he'd mark it as a gift :) Just gotta wait 5 days for it to come from china.

Went for the 6k in the end as i'm sure that'll be bright enough plus i'm turning a bit chav in me old age :)

Soldato
OP
You will be more than happy with the 6k kit m8, its fantastic.

If you have any probs or questions when it comes to fitting it, give me a shout and I'll try and help ya out.

What are you fitting it to btw? What type of bulb is it? H1, H7, H4 etc?

Associate
pinkaardvark said:
Yep I ordered from the same guy as the link you posted. He even gave me a cheaper price and said he'd mark it as a gift :) Just gotta wait 5 days for it to come from china.

Went for the 6k in the end as i'm sure that'll be bright enough plus i'm turning a bit chav in me old age :)

how much £?

Soldato
Draeger said:
You will be more than happy with the 6k kit m8, its fantastic.

If you have any probs or questions when it comes to fitting it, give me a shout and I'll try and help ya out.

What are you fitting it to btw? What type of bulb is it? H1, H7, H4 etc?

H7 on a 98 Mk2 Mondeo. I have headlight levelling motors but I assume these will still function as the kit is effectively just a replacement bulb with some doodads connected to it

Soldato
Got an odd email from the seller today saying the new combined ballast and igniter kit wouldn't be ready until saturday which is odd as that's what draeger already has :( Hope I get the same kit and not some dodgy chinese lash up :(

Associate
pinkaardvark said:
Got an odd email from the seller today saying the new combined ballast and igniter kit wouldn't be ready until saturday which is odd as that's what draeger already has :( Hope I get the same kit and not some dodgy chinese lash up :(

where are you getting urs from?

Soldato
Both versions of our HID systems are DOT approved, MOT approved and fully E-compliant in all safety, E.M. emmission and performance specifications. As far as we are aware these are the only HID kits on the market that meet all these requirements.

This makes our kits ROAD LEGAL ; there is a lot of misinformation regarding the legality of HID systems fitted to cars without headlamp power wash and rear axle self levelling ...these are only an E.U. legal requirement on Xenon systems fitted to NEW cars AT THE FACTORY PRODUCTION STAGE .

HID systems fitted as an aftermarket accessory DO NOT REQUIRE the car to have power wash or self levelling ; even the DOT get this wrong sometimes .... our expensive lawyers did not!</B>

They would say this though would they not, otherwise, people would not buy them.

When you tested them were you on a flat road, the purpose of the leveling, is when you are travelling up a hill. I think you will find a few peeved motorists, when they see your ultra bright lights dazzling them from the distance.

For the pressure washer, not sure on this one, but it is required because the light can be refracted with the slightest mark on the light. Dont quite understand this one, because in the summer, with dead flies they are a bugger to get off.

They look really good though, can you not buy the self leveling kit for it too?

PS my mate retro fitted some to him BM 3 series, from a audi TT, and make a huge difference

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom