High pitched whine from Ibiza fr

Soldato
I've just bought a 15 plate seat Ibiza fr black edition around six weeks ago,I've recently noticed a high pitched whine,like a really high pitched electrical noise. I can hear it outside the car when I get out too. Sometimes it starts when I start the car,sometimes it's when I've been driving for a while. Not all the time though.

I've not took it back to the dealership yet to ask

Any ideas ?

Rob

Soldato
I've just bought a 15 plate seat Ibiza fr black edition around six weeks ago,I've recently noticed a high pitched whine,like a really high pitched electrical noise. I can hear it outside the car when I get out too. Sometimes it starts when I start the car,sometimes it's when I've been driving for a while. Not all the time though.

I've not took it back to the dealership yet to ask

Any ideas ?

Rob

Left your gf locked in the car over night?

What?

Man of Honour
i've had a similar issue caused by a rubbish USB lighter adaptor interfering with the electrics - if you have one plugged in try that. Also check the power steering fluid level (another random cause of weird noises on an old car.)

Soldato
I've got an annoying whine as well, turns out it's related to the engine revs + the CD changer in the arm rest + stereo.

Doesn't do it with just the radio or radio CD but any time I use the cd changer I can hear it between tracks.

Associate
sounds like a bad relay get it in as it could end up sometime you are miles from home and end up with a dead battery, This happened years ago to my mums car she had been to 4 garages and a guy a couple of doors up and it was me who found the relay.

Soldato
My missus' Focus has a high pitch whine under the bonnet when the car is parked but the fan is still running, perhaps it squeals with the engine running too but you cant hear it unless you get out the car, I put this down to coil whine as that's what it sounds like, the sound doesn't come from the fan so I know it isn't a bearing.

Soldato
OP
Unhappy girlfriend?

Does the pitch change with engine revs or road speed?
The noise seems to be there when i start the car, i can hear it when i'm standing at the drivers side door,just like a high pitched noise when the engine is ticking over,can't hear it from under the bonnet, but when i'm driving it sounds like its coming from the passenger side. I can hear it changing slightly when i turn the steering,but just when its ticking over

The pitch of the noise is the same at speed or no matter the revs

thanks for the replies,just to add,when the wife is in the car,i can hardly hear it lol

Rob

Back
Top Bottom