High Ram Useage? Advice

Permabanned
So, I have just got a rather nice, Omen, with 16gb of Ram, however there was an update for the Omen Command Centre software, which was installed along with some Windows updates, and now on the Ram Usage, it says that it is using 5.12gb of Ram, out of the 16gb, of Ram, a little high? And that is without any other tasks in the background, any help or is this normal?

Soldato
I'd hazard that that's fairly normal.
Windows and an open browser will happily eat up over 4gb. That's not accounting for any other background tasks, windows updates, etc, have you gone through windows settings and security and turned off all the crap that runs as standard?

It's worth checking task manager to see what's using the ram, but that's not alarming amount to be used.

Also bear in mind that modern memory management will keep stuff loaded into ram so idle apps will open faster when you go back to them.

Soldato
My laptop sits on about 5.5GB of RAM used although that is with a browser, Discord and Spotify open. In the interests of keeping things lightweight, I always format a new computer and install Windows 10 from scratch, and I avoid installing the bloatware that often comes on laptops which is why I'm using less RAM than you I would guess.

Back
Top Bottom