High vcore on Ryzen! vcore set to auto

Associate
Hmm i have one more question about the build i just did..
Im using a Ryzen 1500x and Its not overclocked i have my vcore set to auto but for some reason Its showing 1.42vcore but most people with the same chip AND a overclock and they are still not at 1.4..
Is there a way i van lower it without losing stability or is it normal?
But weird tho people with overclock on the 1500x are running it at lets say 1.32-1.38v

Associate
OP
A1ZbR
That’s high, try it again using cpuz or hwinfo to confirm vcore to be sure. First step would be to update bios to most recent.

I tried to Change it then it got to 1.6 So i set it back to 1.4 but how do i get it to 1.38 Its asking about in increments So u need to typ something like 0.6250 but that came up as 1.6volt what do i typ in to get it to 1.38? Can You help? Should i upload a pic i did update bios

Here is link to my bios what do i need to set it to make it 1.38? When i tried it got to 1.6 lol no thanks
https://imgur.com/a/A1ZbR

Last edited:
Associate
A1ZbR

I tried to Change it then it got to 1.6 So i set it back to 1.4 but how do i get it to 1.38 Its asking about in increments So u need to typ something like 0.6250 but that came up as 1.6volt what do i typ in to get it to 1.38? Can You help? Should i upload a pic i did update bios

Here is link to my bios what do i need to set it to make it 1.38? When i tried it got to 1.6 lol no thanks

have you updated bios ?

what ram do you have again ?

can you do a cpu z validator and get your specs

Associate
OP
have you updated bios ?

what ram do you have again ?

can you do a cpu z validator and get your specs

Ok this is weird i downloaded cpu z Its showing there 0.3v to 0.6v but in bios it showing 1.38-1.44v what do i believe??? Also in cpu z Its also showing lower GHz and ratio than my bios

Last edited:
Associate
Its Crucial 4gb ddr4.. but Its about my cpu vcore not my ram
I have it set to auto but Its at 1.40-1.45v on auto i heard thats normal but also high you can lower it especially if you stay stock speed?
I want to lower it to at least 1.35-1.38 i heard this is good for my Ryzen thats at 3.5ghz but here is a picture i have no clue on what to set it as to make it 1.38

I have to do the - to substract but how much? Is 0.20000 enough Will that set it to 1.38?

oh yeah i remember

updated to latest bios ? if not look at this https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/PRIME-A320M-K/HelpDesk_CPU/

whats your vcore ready in cpu-z ?

as for getting temp down extra fans will help, im not familar with that board, but im sure someone can help slightly, I'm not entirley sure you can overclock on that board ?
I know you can on b350 and x370 for defo

Associate
OP
oh yeah i remember

updated to latest bios ? if not look at this https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/PRIME-A320M-K/HelpDesk_CPU/

whats your vcore ready in cpu-z ?

as for getting temp down extra fans will help, im not familar with that board, but im sure someone can help slightly, I'm not entirley sure you can overclock on that board ?
I know you can on b350 and x370 for defo

Im.updating bios right now but im scared cpuz is showing 0.3-0.8vcore thats super low but in bios it says 1.44-1.47 why?

Associate
OP
in cpu z it should just say cor voltage eg 1.284v well thats mine anyway.

do you have cpuid hwmonitor also ?

It goes up to 1.4v then it drops to 0.8vcore when im not doing anything does the Comp lower the vcore when idle??
This is on cpu z
In bios it always shows 1.44-1.47vcore i still need to figure out to lower this tho Its on auto but i want it at 1.38 since i heard thats stable and it Will lower temps

Associate
It goes up to 1.4v then it drops to 0.8vcore when im not doing anything does the Comp lower the vcore when idle??
This is on cpu z
In bios it always shows 1.44-1.47vcore i still need to figure out to lower this tho Its on auto but i want it at 1.38 since i heard thats stable and it Will lower temps

vcore will also flutterate depending on what your doing

you need to see what options you have by select first reset to default though f5

Soldato
CPU z has a stress test option, it puts all cores to 100%.

Check vcore (cpu voltage) before running stress test, then run the stress test and check back on vcore while the stress test is still running. Try this a few times to be sure.

My guess is your motherboard is increasing the vcore when it boosts the performance of the cpu automatically.

If you manually overclock all cores even to a fairly low speed like 3.4Ghz this will likely stop the vcore going to 1.4v or more if you run the same stress tests again. On auto at a 3.7Ghz manual overclock for all cores my motherboard chooses 1.2v.

Associate
OP
Ok i found a way to lower my vcore i used 0.15000 and Its not at 1.32-1.35vcore @ 3.5ghz i hope Its stable probably but thats much better than 1.6v!! Also did i ruin my cpu? Cause i changed it to 1.6v by mistake i reboot and changed it back REAL fast lol nothing happened but i didnt shorten Its life or anything OR is that only if you keep it at 1.6?

Associate
OP

Check vcore (cpu voltage) before running stress test, then run the stress test and check back on vcore while the stress test is still running. Try this a few times to be sure.

My guess is your motherboard is increasing the vcore when it boosts the performance of the cpu automatically.

If you manually overclock all cores even to a fairly low speed like 3.4Ghz this will likely stop the vcore going to 1.4v or more if you run the same stress tests again. On auto at a 3.7Ghz manual overclock for all cores my motherboard chooses 1.2v.

Hmm im totally confused i Just wanna use my Ryzen 5 1500x at stock speed no overclock but i was getting very high vcore i changed it to 1.35vcore now but do u think i can go lower?

Associate
OP
Can any of you tell me what my vcore needs to be?
For a stock Ryzen 5 1500x Its 3.5ghz but boost up to 3.9 almost amd says 3.7 but i see it hit almost 3.9ghz
But it is a 3.5ghz chip tho Just with a boost to that and i like to keep it stock So whats a good vcore??

Well i guess even 1.32v is not even stable for stock ryzen 1500x 3.5ghz / 3.7 boost because i have everything turned off that has to do with sleep mode i went to go get coffee and a smoke break i came back my monitor was displaying like if my pc was turned off but the pc was on and shaking mouse and everything didnt wake it either ( but Its not sleepmode cause i turned it off) So u guess that means not stable? Then how the heck do people get it below 1.3 with stock?
I find this all weird but i dont want a dead chip either in a year :( So what vcore should i try?
I tried 1.3-1.32v i guess wasnt stable..

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Can any of you tell me what my vcore needs to be?
For a stock Ryzen 5 1500x Its 3.5ghz but boost up to 3.9 almost amd says 3.7 but i see it hit almost 3.9ghz
But it is a 3.5ghz chip tho Just with a boost to that and i like to keep it stock So whats a good vcore??

Well i guess even 1.32v is not even stable for stock ryzen 1500x 3.5ghz / 3.7 boost because i have everything turned off that has to do with sleep mode i went to go get coffee and a smoke break i came back my monitor was displaying like if my pc was turned off but the pc was on and shaking mouse and everything didnt wake it either ( but Its not sleepmode cause i turned it off i also made it so my hdd doesnt turn off either) So i guess that means not stable? Then how the heck do people get it below 1.3 with stock?
I find this all weird but i dont want a dead chip either in a year :( So what vcore should i try?
I tried 1.3-1.32v i guess wasnt stable..

Associate
OP

Well apperently my motherboard doesnt support overclocking OR downclocking because there is no option available to change cpu ratio only the vcore...
What is also weird in running stock at 3.5ghz and 3.7boost and i cant even get it below 1.32v or it will be unstable does that sound correct? Because i just cant lower it past that..
So right now it sits at usually 1.32-1.34v and sometimes reached 1.37-1.38 but quickly goes back down to the 1.34v spot but Its weird because in running stock anything lower makes my computer give black screen randomely and reboots...

Mobo is Asus prime a320m-k
Cpu is Ryzen 5 1500x stock

Back
Top Bottom