• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

HIS 1950Pro setup query

Soldato
I have a HIS 1950pro and am having trouble setting this up.

I had to get an adpaptor for it for the six pin plug and his two molex connectors coming off it.

My problem seems to be that this causes distortions when I plug in some plugs.

My monitor runs 1240 x 1040 (Or near that) but my computer has been struggling running at that res lately.

This comes up with an error stating that it losses connection with the driver or something like that.

Could it be a problem with the card itself and if so do they have a warrenty?

Thanks

Associate
what type of power supply do you have, this could be effecting it due to loss of conenction your saying.
(Answer to second question, yes HIS have a warranty. If you purchased the card off OCuk firstly send a webnote to them, you will then be informed with a RMA number which u will stick on the package with the other details and is sent off to OCuk.)

Last edited:
Associate
I did have a HIS 1950PRO but its been RMA'd due to artifacting, but my power supply was modular Corsair 520HX, and is modular so i insert the 6pin cable from the power supply to the graphics card with no extensions.

Soldato
OP
Bunyan said:
what type of power supply do you have, this could be effecting it due to loss of conenction your saying.
(Answer to second question, yes HIS have a warranty. If you purchased the card off OCuk firstly send a webnote to them, you will then be informed with a RMA number which u will stick on the package with the other details and is sent off to OCuk.)

Antec true power 550w

I have a few spare connectors but it only works with a few of them.

When I log onto the computer for the first time if i have different ones, the screen goes black and parts of the screen flash though on and off. What could that be?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom