His it worth it ?

Soldato
You can't get cut and gain values nor specific gamma and CMYK.

Still I'm happy with my pioneer and LG oled settings just spend a bit of time.

I don't touch advanced colour controls as pointless

Caporegime
Meh. I'd just google for some optimim calibration settings from avforum or similar and stick those in :)

those are 50% as likely to make the picture worse than better.

again people are clueless as to what calibration is and how it is specific not only to the TV as every one is built different but the room as well.

Associate
OP

again people are clueless as to what calibration is and how it is specific not only to the TV as every one is built different but the room as well.

That’s why I’m getting a professional in, not cheap but I think it will be well worth it come Sunday when he’s finished.

Associate
OP
You could always buy a calibrator and learn how to do it but I imagine that would take days if not weeks to get it absolutely right

Rather just let somebody who knows what there doing. Has he said it will roughly take around 4 hours to properly do ! With doing day and night time viewing and also Xbox.

Caporegime
Rather just let somebody who knows what there doing. Has he said it will roughly take around 4 hours to properly do ! With doing day and night time viewing and also Xbox.

Yeah that's what you are paying for their expertise. A day and night setting and per device.

The people that think they can just cooy settings off the net don't have a clue.

I have a pc monitor calibrator I'm seriously thinking of getting a TV calibrator now.

Associate
OP
Yeah that's what you are paying for their expertise. A day and night setting and per device.

The people that think they can just cooy settings off the net don't have a clue.

I have a pc monitor calibrator I'm seriously thinking of getting a TV calibrator now.

Yes he said there his 30 thousand setting on my tv to do. I’ll let you know how it goes and if you want his name and number he travels all around the country doing cinemas and private houses.

Caporegime
Yes he said there his 30 thousand setting on my tv to do. I’ll let you know how it goes and if you want his name and number he travels all around the country doing cinemas and private houses.

I'd rather buy the gear and do it myself. That way I can charge people I know for it too to pay for the gear.

It's why I bought the monitor calibrator.

I already had offers in the past from Vincent from Hdtvtest.

Soldato

I did this picture looks fantastic on both my sets but I daresay if I got Vincent in it would look better.

I'd rather buy the gear and do it myself. That way I can charge people I know for it too to pay for the gear.

I'm sure when Vincent reviewed the XF90 he mentioned blooming and light bleed, did you correct him on his error when he asked you to become a calibrator?

Caporegime
I did this picture looks fantastic on both my sets but I daresay if I got Vincent in it would look better.

I'm sure when Vincent reviewed the XF90 he mentioned blooming and light bleed, did you correct him on his error when he asked you to become a calibrator?

both can be rectified to pretty much non existent levels through tweaks and aggressive local dimming.

plus it's all localised to each part of the array and each panel will be different. he could have had a really bad panel for all we know.

Associate
OP

Just had it done ! What a difference like night and day. Definitely 100% worth it!

Permabanned

People have different ocular perception too as all eyes are different. While I have nothing against professional calibration there is an element of emperor's new clothes about it being something magical for your screen. People who get it done are really just after piece of mind and are always keen to bring it up that they spent the money getting it done, but in most circumstances it shouldn't be needed and is a waste of money.

Back
Top Bottom