hit and run!

Man of Honour
Nozzer said:
Check with the QE2 and see if they had anyone in A&E with bruised/broken ribs/legs/ankles!
Then go and kneecap him with your keyboard.

little edit for ya ;)

anyhows what actually happened? did he come off the pavement across the front of you or something? how come you may be at fault?

Associate
OP
heres a pic

accident.JPG

I'm coming from the left and him from the right. i stopped when i saw him.. about 20m away.. he didnt and went straight into me

So i was technically on the wrong side of the road.. but i had to be as there are parked cars there, as always.

the police have said im in the clear, just hope the insurance company see it that way too.

edit: this is right outside my house too... i was only a few metres from my parking spot so i wasnt going fast. also, he was going very quickly, considering its a residential area and there are parked cars everywhere

Man of Honour
MrMatteh said:
heres a pic

http://physix.org/cars/crash/accident.JPG
I'm coming from the left and him from the right. i stopped when i saw him.. about 20m away.. he didnt and went straight into me

So i was technically on the wrong side of the road.. but i had to be as there are parked cars there, as always.

the police have said im in the clear, just hope the insurance company see it that way too.

edit: this is right outside my house too... i was only a few metres from my parking spot so i wasnt going fast. also, he was going very quickly, considering its a residential area and there are parked cars everywhere

fair enough - i would seriously question the insurance company if they try and lay the blame on you - if the police say your in the clear that should be all they need.... but then again anything to get out of paying out...

Associate
OP
Siliconslave said:
fair enough - i would seriously question the insurance company if they try and lay the blame on you - if the police say your in the clear that should be all they need.... but then again anything to get out of paying out...

well, this was from my own insurance Co. im only tpft with them so im not expecting a pay out

i want the 'peds owner to pay out. if not, what about that fund for people hit by uninsured drivers?

Man of Honour
From that pic, and the damage to your car, I'd say you were actually liable, not the guy on the moped, for several reasons.

1) you're passing a row of parked cars where traffic coming the other way has priority.

2) you're making a turn across the traffic.

The police saying you are in the clear is regard to criminal charges, not insurance liability.

Simply because he hit you does not necessarily excuse you of liability.

Associate
OP
Dolph said:
From that pic, and the damage to your car, I'd say you were actually liable, not the guy on the moped, for several reasons.

1) you're passing a row of parked cars where traffic coming the other way has priority.

2) you're making a turn across the traffic.

The police saying you are in the clear is regard to criminal charges, not insurance liability.

Simply because he hit you does not necessarily excuse you of liability.

thats what i was afraid of :(

but surely, given his speed and lack of insurance and fleeing from the scene etc... that might have some bearing on the decision

Man of Honour
MrMatteh said:
thats what i was afraid of :(

but surely, given his speed and lack of insurance and fleeing from the scene etc... that might have some bearing on the decision

It would certainly count against him, the insurance and leaving the scene are criminal offences anyway, and if he was speeding and not paying attention (and there are witnesses to that effect) then that would certainly be taken into account.

Remember insurance companies will argue tooth and nail to avoid having to pay out though :(

Associate
MrMatteh said:
and bits of his moped ;)

i have the oil cap, so he can't get far :p

it was completely smashed tbh bits everywhere. glad to be in a 0.8tonne car than a few kgs worth of moped
If I was you, I'd keep the bonet as a trophy of chav-mashing.

I'm no mechanic, but I doubt any of the damage is in any way structural. A bent body panel (the bonet) is hardly an MOT-failure I would imagine.

Then again, I'm no mechanic!

Associate
OP
Cueball said:
If I was you, I'd keep the bonet as a trophy of chav-mashing.

I'm no mechanic, but I doubt any of the damage is in any way structural. A bent body panel (the bonet) is hardly an MOT-failure I would imagine.

Then again, I'm no mechanic!

hehe :p

its slightly bent the slam panel, thats about it

must've seriously hurt him. hopefully now at least one chav on a moped will go a bit slower!

Soldato
I hope you have better luck than my old man, similar situation, row of parked cars along the street, my old man was passing these. Saw the moped coming, stopped, the moped kept coming and hit my old man full on. The moped rider even admitted he just didn't see my dad (?!?!?!) and it was his fault, but after speaking to his insurance company retracted that and my old man ended up liable :(

Associate
OP
Rojin said:
I hope you have better luck than my old man, similar situation, row of parked cars along the street, my old man was passing these. Saw the moped coming, stopped, the moped kept coming and hit my old man full on. The moped rider even admitted he just didn't see my dad (?!?!?!) and it was his fault, but after speaking to his insurance company retracted that and my old man ended up liable :(

im so scared of something like that happening :(

Back
Top Bottom