Hit and Run

nam

nam

Soldato
Hi All
My R got hit on the rear passenger side whilst parked outside my home , slow speed scuff and possible dent by a yellow van. I have all the vehicle reg and details on home IP CCTV. The Driver of Van did not stop just drove off. I was at work at the time. Spoke to Admiral who found the vehicle insured on database and asked i send the CCTV to them to pursue. Admiral have said that i can repair myself using one of there approved repairer immediately but i don't really want to repair myself from my own pocket at this stage.

Any advice on how i should proceed..

Footage of Incident..

http://tinypic.com/r/28mmk3d/8

Soldato
It didn't look like he even noticed, so I wouldn't jump to it being malicious quite yet

Contact the police non emergency number, they'll contact the driver and you can claim through his insurance

Soldato
This.

If it's bad damage and you don't want to drive around with it looking bad then pay to get it repaired at an approved place and then claim it back. Otherwise just wait for the claim to go through

Not that at all.

There's a good chance he was looking to the side to make sure he was clear of the car. It's exactly where I'd be looking if I was pulling out of that space.

Why are people so quick to jump to everyone being malicious all the time? Assume it was an innocent mistake and act accordingly, if it turns out otherwise then you can push things in a different direction

Soldato
Not that at all.

There's a good chance he was looking to the side to make sure he was clear of the car. It's exactly where I'd be looking if I was pulling out of that space.

Why are people so quick to jump to everyone being malicious all the time? Assume it was an innocent mistake and act accordingly, if it turns out otherwise then you can push things in a different direction

I don't think you can defend him when the golf clearly moved. That suggests there was enough force that the driver of the van would a) realise he was getting too close and b) he would have felt the impact.

I find it very difficult to agree that he wasn't aware of the damage he caused, even if think you may have touched the car any decent person would get out and check.

Go down the police route too!

nam

nam

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the info guy's. he and passenger onboard definately would have felt the impact as you see my car move slightly from the impact. Damage is scuffs of paint and possible clearcoat and base gone too. The Driver was aware, just did not know CCTV was in action :)

Soldato
Thanks for the info guy's. he and passenger onboard definately would have felt the impact as you see my car move slightly from the impact. Damage is scuffs of paint and possible clearcoat and base gone too. The Driver was aware, just did not know CCTV was in action :)

Let's face it, 9 times out of 10 he would have got away. Unless someone is walking past and thinks to write down the plate or even more unlikely someone has CCTV then he would be long gone.

Soldato
LOL he will think he has got away with that. Would love to see his face when his insurance call him to ask wtf he was doing.

Soldato
He clearly noticed, he wasn't looking then the moment after the Golf moved he looked down at the rear bumper.

Surely being that high up in a van makes it fairly easy to judge if you'll swipe someone?

nam

nam

Soldato
OP
Sad, but true, he Hit it and thought, sod it, no one about. It does make you mad though when you have numpty's like this on the road

Caporegime
It didn't look like he even noticed, so I wouldn't jump to it being malicious quite yet

Contact the police non emergency number, they'll contact the driver and you can claim through his insurance

LOL of course he noticed, he slowed his exit as soon as he struck the car.

Report the **** to the police, for the sake of motorists everywhere. There's no possible way he didn't realise that he struck the car.

Man of Honour
Report him to police too

By all means do this as it adds pressure. But the police won't prosecute. I had a similar occurrence which the police did indeed investigate and contact the driver. But the driver simply said he didn't realise he hit my car and the police then declined to prosecute. I did wing the claim through his insurance though.

Back
Top Bottom