Hitman 3 VR: Reloaded (Quest 3)

Wow... That's a very negative review, and even just from the video, I can see why...

Wasn't planning on getting it, but big name games are always something worth keeping an eye on, maybe not this one.
Can't even really see how even a different reviewer might say it's ok after watching that vid.

It's quite terrifying how bad some big titles can end up being. These are not VR studios surely. No understanding of how to implement actual VR aspects of a game.

Inventory management at worst, should be a backpack with numerous "slots" to grab/place inventory. There's wrist pockets, hips, chest, over shoulder. That's 7 slots. After the fall manages different ammo really well, by recognising the weapon you have in hand that's empty, and automatically grabbing that one from the chest slot.

Let the player manually place most things, then just have the backpack/chest pack as the general inventory bag for other items?

And from what I can tell, you have to push a button to grab a corpse? Just... no...

booooo I was quite looking forward to this.. but from that video .. erm.. no thanks.. .. have any of the developers even played any VR games?

Last edited:
Is this definitely the new one ? user scotty123 on here said he's been working on it for a few years and the new one is nothing like the awful experience of the old one.

Is this definitely the new one ? user scotty123 on here said he's been working on it for a few years and the new one is nothing like the awful experience of the old one.
Yeah it is the one I worked on. I probably can't say that much but there's a lot of unfortunate things that go on that people aren't aware of and I don't agree with.

Definitely vr is all about being interactive rather than clicking buttons.

I personally would not have released yet it if it were up to me. Needs more time but I suppose when you want to make money ASAP..

I also think it should have kept the original look and art style just toned down. But I'm not involved with art in any way as I'm not an artist.

It's an incredibly heavy simulation game in terms of what goes on behind the scenes to bring you the experience. There's also a crazy amount of geometry that can be potentially visible. It's not vr friendly at all. It smashes both the cpu and gpu. When you're trying to get that to run on a mobile device, at high frame rate at high resolution within a certain time, there's only so much you can do.

I am disappointed in ways because bringing it to something like the quest felt it could be so much more and great for wire free play. I suppose will see where it goes. Trust me the people who worked on it and actually play games know the shortcomings .

I'm happy to answer questions but I have to be careful with what I say.

Last edited:
Yeah it is the one I worked on. I probably can't say that much but there's a lot of unfortunate things that go on that people aren't aware of and I don't agree with.

Definitely vr is all about being interactive rather than clicking buttons.

I personally would not have released yet it if it were up to me. Needs more time but I suppose when you want to make money ASAP..

I also think it should have kept the original look and art style just toned down. But I'm not involved with art in any way as I'm not an artist.

It's an incredibly heavy simulation game in terms of what goes on behind the scenes to bring you the experience. There's also a crazy amount of geometry that can be potentially visible. It's not vr friendly at all. It smashes both the cpu and gpu. When you're trying to get that to run on a mobile device, at high frame rate at high resolution within a certain time, there's only so much you can do.

I am disappointed in ways because bringing it to something like the quest felt it could be so much more and great for wire free play. I suppose will see where it goes. Trust me the people who worked on it and actually play games know the shortcomings .

I'm happy to answer questions but I have to be careful with what I say.

Are there plans to increase the VR interactivity, rather than having button pushes for actions, through patches?

Are there plans to increase the VR interactivity, rather than having button pushes for actions, through patches?
There's supposed to be patches. What goes into them is whatever higher up people decide. I don't decide anything and am typically not privy to such things until it materialises as work to do. I hope so however.

No dev (well, no respectable dev) goes out to make a bad game. I've seen the same teams create 10/10 games and 1/10 games. It really depends on a combination of the project type, schedule, management, marketing and money.

The biggest issue is pushing out games before they are ready, and this isn't something devs want - it's forced on them by management and marketing.

Sometimes it isn't financially viable to delay a game any more, but of course you have to weigh that up against the bad publicity, and poor reviews, sales and refunds if the game is fundamentally broken.

Also even if you do manage to patch your broken game after release, often the game's reputation doesn't recover. A few games have bucked this trend - No Mans Sky being the best example, but only after a huge effort on behalf of the developers, and not all developers can afford that or are as motivated.

As Miyamoto reportedly said - 'A delayed game is eventually good, a rushed game is bad forever.'

Here's hoping Hitman gets patched up to a good standard, and then is a success for the team.

No dev (well, no respectable dev) goes out to make a bad game. I've seen the same teams create 10/10 games and 1/10 games. It really depends on a combination of the project type, schedule, management, marketing and money.

The biggest issue is pushing out games before they are ready, and this isn't something devs want - it's forced on them by management and marketing.

Sometimes it isn't financially viable to delay a game any more, but of course you have to weigh that up against the bad publicity, and poor reviews, sales and refunds if the game is fundamentally broken.

Also even if you do manage to patch your broken game after release, often the game's reputation doesn't recover. A few games have bucked this trend - No Mans Sky being the best example, but only after a huge effort on behalf of the developers, and not all developers can afford that or are as motivated.

As Miyamoto reportedly said - 'A delayed game is eventually good, a rushed game is bad forever.'

Here's hoping Hitman gets patched up to a good standard, and then is a success for the team.
This is a very accurate picture of what is has been like :p .

Back
Top Bottom