Hive Heating Only Install Receiver Wiring

Associate
Hello guys.

As much as I am in a new property they have fitted and old style timer and thermostat which is kinda annoying cause no matter how much I read I don't think I can self install my hive receiver. This is my current boiler and timer.

IMG_5469.jpg

To the right the white switch is an isolation switch, turn this off and the boiler and Drayton Thermostat, which is inside the house, goes off.

Problem is I don't have enough wires to even know where to start with the receiver, is it possible to do anything with the below or do I have to rewire from the terminals on the boiler too? Below is my wires in the house which is where I would fit the Hive receiver.

IMG_9702..jpg

I think I know the answer, I need more wires and this will require more work from the boiler which I'm probably not confident enough to do. I guess I just have the live feed and the switching feed which is 2?

Sorry I know there is a few posts about this but wanted to post my exact setup for advise.

Thank you.

Associate
OP
The only wires going to the stat are the 3 in the picture exposed when I removed the stat front. They run directly from the big white switch on the wall to the right.

Back
Top Bottom