hl:ep1 or sin:e

Soldato
EP1 gets my vote, completed it twice, with and without commentary.

I bought sin and never bothered finishing it, was very run of the mill in my opinion.

Man of Honour
I played them in succession and HL2:Ep1 is vastly superior. SiN:E is fairly mundane and lacks the charm and charisma of Valve's title.

They are both fairly short, but Ep1 is good fun all the way through pretty much, whereas SiN:E is no better than plenty of older shooters, which cost the same or less and are much longer. I mean the likes of Doom3, Far Cry, NOLF2 etc can all be picked up for under £10 these days.

omi

omi

Associate
interesting since i enjoyed the original sin game very much

and the videos i saw of hte sin episodes some time ago looked pretty good to me as well.

does the "reactive" AI difficult level thingy work? or was it rubbish?

havent got ep1 either but too lazy to reinstall HL2, have to d/l it all over again from steam which takes years.

Soldato
I enjoyed both - Ep1 was the better experience but with SiN they are just starting a new story really so it still needs some time to build up :)

As for reactive AI read:

Replace normal enemies with tougher ones if you get too many headshots. If you keep reloading put the smaller enemies back :p

Associate
DaveyD said:
Half-Life 2: Episode 1 >> Sin Episode 1 in my opinion, couldn't be arsed to even finish the Sin one.

Exactly the same here. After trawling through the levels with some truely horrific NPC AI, I couldn't take any more and couldn't be bothered to finish it. I enjoyed the original SiN but the episode seems to have lost the feeling of SiN, I can't put my finger on it though.

Man of Honour
$19.95 + 17.5% VAT = ~$23.45

Convert to British pound at current rate = £12.33

This will probably be closer to £13 or £14, depending on if your bank charges for transactions abroard, like mine does (£1 - Lloyds TSB).

Soldato
I liked both, but they are very different. Sin is mindless fun shooting people. HL is a bit more intelligent. Overall HL2:ep1 is probably better but it depends what you like.

Don
sin is too repetetive (i bought them both when they were out because i had time to kill), i'll def be getting HL:E2, and def not any more sin games

it wasn't that bad, but its nothing near the coolness of HL

Back
Top Bottom