HL2 Mods, which and how?

Associate
Just finished HL2 and about half way through EP1 and thoroughly enjoying the slaughter and the physics - oh and it looks great too!

Can anyone recommend any decent single player mods? I have looked and there are loads to choose from.

Also, how do I go about installing and running the mods?

Soldato
The FakeFactory Cinematic mod is a great hi-res texture pack for HL2. It makes all of the models/characters look soo much better. It also has custom sounds which makes the gameplay a lot more interesting.

Associate
OP
MNuTz said:
each mod is different, and they will all have instructions on installation on either their website or in the zip that is downloaded.

You would have thought so wouldn't you....but I can't find them...other than a rather helpful, extract the files to the SourceMods folder. Then what... :rolleyes:

I have downloaded Eclipse and Weekday Warrior but no instructions for any of them.

Any other suggestions?

**Sorted...just had to restart Steam.... :p **

Last edited:
Suspended
right,

open explorer and goto your Steam folder (probably in c:\program files)

Open SteamApps

Then open the folder SourceMods.

Just install/unzip to there.

Once thats done it should just be case of opening steam and selecting the mod from the 'my games' section, right click and launch game.

If that doesnt work right me a list of the mods you are having trouble with and i will download them and try for myself :)

Associate
OP
MNuTz said:
right,

open explorer and goto your Steam folder (probably in c:\program files)

Open SteamApps

Then open the folder SourceMods.

Just install/unzip to there.

Once thats done it should just be case of opening steam and selecting the mod from the 'my games' section, right click and launch game.

If that doesnt work right me a list of the mods you are having trouble with and i will download them and try for myself :)

Cheers mate, sorted just before you posted...I just had to restart Steam!

Back
Top Bottom