Hmm. We’re having trouble finding that site error

Soldato
Has anyone come across this issue before?
I thought it was due to my WiFi link to the PC but after hard wiring the PC I still get this numerous times a day.

The only way to get it to work was by disconnecting my WiFi or disabling the network and then re-enabling it. After a couple of times it keeps a solid connection until I have to reboot.

When it happens, I can't ping anything. I've tried different drivers etc.

Soldato
OP
I've tried changing DNS, tried flushing it also but still the same. Only thing I have noticed is that it shows a random ipv6 address when it happens.

Soldato
OP
My ISP is Zen and I'm now using an Edgerouter X SFP. The issue existed when I was using a netgear D7000 along with an Asus PCE AC68 card.
This is the only device that it happens to and done it on wireless and wired.
No powerline adapters or wifi extenders in the setup. Just ERX to a switch and everything is hard wired now.

Come to think about it, I think it only started happening when I upgraded to Windows 10.

Soldato
OP
Is everything up to date? Windows updated? Network drivers?

My money is on an old network driver not playing ball with windows 10. How old is the system?

Hmm could be something like that. It is an old system built 2011/2012.
Currently waiting for the Zen 2 release before upgrading so it will have a fresh copy of Windows installed then too.
The drivers were the latest ones I could find anyway.

Soldato
OP
I've tried new router, WiFi, cables,malware and virus scans.
It's totally fine now. It's just after I reboot the machine, it has a hissy fit for a day or so requiring me to disable the network and re-enable it again in Windows. Once it's finished being funny it will stay linked for weeks or whenever I reboot it again.
I guess I will find out soon when zen 2 releases and I can build a new setup.

Soldato
OP
No, no fast start up enabled.
My PC is usually on the majority of the time, this issue only appears after a reboot or updates resulting in a reboot.
When it does happen, it does not show any ipv4 address but does show a jumbled up ipv6 address. I don't use ipv6.

Soldato
OP
I have not o don't think and I have been looking at doing that.
I've just left home for a week on holiday so will try when I get home and report back. Thanks.

Soldato
OP
I guess it depends on how long for Zen 2 release. If it's soon then not much point wasting time reinstalling now.
I'll be away with work for a month shortly too.

I just thought I would ask in here to see if anyone had experienced the same issue before.

Soldato
OP
I've been using Chrome and Firefox mostly. I've done full resets of both too including full reinstalls of both.
I still think it's something driver related and you are probably 100% correct in saying a reinstall of win10 would resolve my issues.

Soldato
OP
I think that is what I have done when I first started investigating. Although I'm starting to wonder if I just updated to the latest driver. I'll try again though. Also odd how the same issue was there on WiFi which spurred me onto hardwiring my house.

Soldato
OP
A little update to this issue.

I finally had enough of it so bought a Ryzen 3600, X570 Asus motherboard and some new RAM which was running perfectly for a week. I then played about with RAM timings and messed a few things up. This issue started appeared now and again so was considering re-doing the cabling. I returned the RAM OC to default settings and it disappeared for about a week.
Yesterday, I used the DRAM calculator and bumped my ram from 3200CL16 to 3600CL14. System appeared to be happy but then this issue came back and would drop the connection the same as before but more frequently.

This got me thinking back to my previous machine and it more than likely ties-in with changing from 2-dimms to 4-dimms late last year!!

I'll be reverting my RAM OC this afternoon but I am confident it will go back to working as normal. I'll report back later.

Soldato
OP
Well that didn't help.
I've just done a fresh install of windows this morning, Set BIOS to default and it happened again. Its pointing to a cabling issue or a router issue. Sometimes it works for days then suddenly just stops working.

Back
Top Bottom