HMV in trouble again.

One

One

Soldato
Any company that enters into the stockmarket has to grow or it is destined to fail. Large companies have to grow year on year, this is not possible so at some point every big company (google, facebook, apple) etc etc will either cease to exist or get so small it's like your neighbourhood butcher, of course they will be free to grow again but it will take hits again and again.

Permabanned
Hold on, does that article not state that HMV are on target to return to profit?

Doomsayers!!!

E: then again I just read the later one and it seems not!!!

Last edited:
Caporegime
I was in HMV in the local shopping centre today and I have to say, it was pretty busy. 20-30 people in the queue pretty much the whole time I was in there. Same for the local GAME shop too.

Caporegime
I was in HMV in the local shopping centre today and I have to say, it was pretty busy. 20-30 people in the queue pretty much the whole time I was in there. Same for the local GAME shop too.

Then it's a pity they cant only open for 30days of the year

Associate
i dont have sympathy for them, they are a bunch of complacent idiots. Prices too high, and it wasnt that they didnt know they were not making money, but rather the contempt that held the consumer in not even trying to cut prices to encourage buyers.

Then you have the British Phonographic Industry going on fishing expeditions aka speculative invoicing.

They wont be missed. And to top it off, i'm a HMV shareholder!!!

Caporegime
No one obviously wants 1000's of people to lose their jobs, but why, as a consumer, would you buy a blu ray in HMV for say £16 when you can order it online for £12?

Everytime i go in to HMV and see something i might like, i check if it is cheaper online first and normally it is, by at least 20% normally more. So i just order it on my phone instead.

Times are changing.

Man of Honour
No one obviously wants 1000's of people to lose their jobs, but why, as a consumer, would you buy a blu ray in HMV for say £16 when you can order it online for £12?

Everytime i go in to HMV and see something i might like, i check if it is cheaper online first and normally it is, by at least 20% normally more. So i just order it on my phone instead.

Times are changing.

Because I want it now.

Back
Top Bottom