holiday allowance

Soldato
dont you just love it when your boss comes up to you and tells you, you've got enough holiday allowance left (which you forgot about) to take pretty much the rest of the year off, starting tomorrow! :D :D :D :D :D

Caporegime
go abroad for Christmas, always fancied spending Christmas in Switzerland, in a nice cabin high in snow covered mountains.

Strangely though I'd want to do it alone :(

Associate
i've got 26 days left, only have 25 a year but had to roll a few over from last year. All Mine were once allocated then with people leaving and new contracts and stuff they've gradually been cancelled.

I'm aloud to roll them all over as not my fault i've not taken them Giving me a nice 51 days of next year.

Associate
I've got 1 left sadly, would love to have the rest of the year off!

We do get allowed to swap up to 5 unused days holiday over to next year which is always nice to do.

Soldato
i've got 26 days left, only have 25 a year but had to roll a few over from last year. All Mine were once allocated then with people leaving and new contracts and stuff they've gradually been cancelled.

I'm aloud to roll them all over as not my fault i've not taken them Giving me a nice 51 days of next year.

you do realise that's illegal?
you could sue your company for not letting you take them
legally, you have to take 4 weeks off per year (20 days), anything more in your allowance you can roll over

Associate
i live on an island, in the summer we do things in the long evenings and weekends

so time off in the winter is great for me!

I live on an island too but it's dark and cold for 14 hours a day in the winter.

I think losing track of your holiday allowance is sloppy and you could be taken advantage of by unscrupulous management.

If it makes you happy to work all summer and take time off in the winter then go for it:rolleyes:

Soldato
dont you just love it when your boss comes up to you and tells you, you've got enough holiday allowance left (which you forgot about) to take pretty much the rest of the year off, starting tomorrow! :D :D :D :D :D

I finish work this Friday (7th).
I have to come in on Tuesday next week as it is the first day of a training scheme that I want to go on.
I'm then off until Wednesday January 9th (Although I will be coming in across lunchtime once for the Christmas Lunch).
So yes - it is rather nice when you get to take a large chunk of time off.