1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holiday in Paris, Metro advice please

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tonyyeb, 19 Mar 2013.

1. tonyyeb

Mobster

Hi all

Going to Paris for the Easter weekend and was hoping for a bit of advice for using the Metro etc. We will be arriving at Charles De Gaulle airport and need to get to Boulogne-Billancourt. I have which trains to get from the interactive map but wanted to know about cost. I believe I need to a zone 1-5 ticket but as we will be in Paris for 3 days in total I was wondering if there is a 3 day pass or something that can be bought that will cover our travel to and from the airport as well a sightseeing in Paris too?

Any help appreciated :)

2. mithrandir

Mobster

Haven't been for a while but there is a host of passes available- THIS might help.

47.25 euros vby the looks of it (can't find my euro button lol)

3. tonyyeb

Mobster

Great, that is what I'd found. Do you know if they can be bought at the airport?

4. [email protected]

Gangster

When I went about 4/5 years back I got mine from tourist info in the airport.

EDIT - as above link, it was the ParisVisite I bought

Last edited: 19 Mar 2013
  5. tonyyeb

Mobster

Excellent, thanks to both of you for the help :)

6. mithrandir

Mobster

Checking my emails indicate I got eurostar tickets, hotel and 5 day passes in one itinery (via Eurostar website).

It was a printable voucher which I believe was to pick up the Metro passes from tehe Eurostar office.

7. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

You can just buy metro tickets from the station.

8. secretspy

Soldato

Depending on your plans I found the Paris pass to be really good. Includes bus tour, boat tour and metro tickets along with money off coupons for several restaurants. Might be worth a look :)

9. neodude

Mobster

Make sure and keep a tight hold of anything valuable. And don't leave stuff in your jacket pockets when hanging it on the back of your seat.

10. Fuzz

Capodecina

THIS..

I went to see Maddonna at the Bercy. Stayed in the Holiday Inn near Place d'Italie.
    Really easy to get around on the tube/Metro and you don't need to worry, the cashiers behind the till know English.

11. BiGT-

Hitman

I went in September and from any train station its about one Euro per journey, you can buy a pack of 10 singles tickets for about 11 Euros I think it was.

12. SoSolid

Wise Guy

I thought France was just a massive object in the way of the rest of Europe.