Hollister and Abercrombie & Fitch tees sizes ?

Associate
What are the sizes like for their t shirts because i want to order some t shirts from Hollister but dont know which size to get as apparently they run quite small ? my chest is around 39" when just standing normally. Will size M fit me fine ? Anyone here who has purchased clothes from them ?

Thanks

Can't you go into a shop and try them on?

In my experience of ordering t-shirts online 90% of the time I'm not happy with the fit.

There is no shops that sell Hollister clothes near me and If I was to order them online directly from Hollister and they didn't fit I would have to pay a lot for the postage as they're located in USA which would just be too expensive.

All t-shirts I buy anywhere are in a medium size and always fit perfectly. In hollisters I always have to go up a size to large.

So yeah, for t-shirts, large at Hollister = medium everywhere else.

Polo shirts from there that fit me = XL = everywhere else = M :confused:

I know its a young person's shop, but what about middle aged blokes like me who are facing a fashion mid-life crisis? :p ;)

From past experience, been a while since buying anything from there, there sizes are smaller than the regular sizing you would get some high street shops like Next etc.

They are also all pretty much 'slim fit' fitted also so its even 'smaller', so I'd buy the 'M' and 'L' and maybe even the 'XL' lol and send back what ones don't fit.

Heh, Abercrombie.

This is a store which is so cool, that their London branch doesn't even have a sign outside. They employ a pretty boy to stand in the door topless, and all their staff are models.

They terminated an employee because she fell pregnant and asked one of those Jersey Shore goons to stop wearing their clothes, in fact offering to pay him to wear something else.

A colleague's son went there a couple of years ago to buy a shirt, and they denied him entry stating that the shop was "too full". This was someone who served his country for years on end and had a leg blown off after stepping on a landmine and was in a wheelchair that day. This couple then went to a Starbucks nearby to wait it out and counted five other people go in whilst they were sitting there.

I don't often condemn companies but as far as Abercrombie goes, no chance.

No, no. They're a pretentious poser fit. Anyone with muscle wouldn't fit in them.

yeh w/e.

Heh, Abercrombie.

This is a store which is so cool, that their London branch doesn't even have a sign outside. They employ a pretty boy to stand in the door topless, and all their staff are models.

They terminated an employee because she fell pregnant and asked one of those Jersey Shore goons to stop wearing their clothes, in fact offering to pay him to wear something else.

A colleague's son went there a couple of years ago to buy a shirt, and they denied him entry stating that the shop was "too full". This was someone who served his country for years on end and had a leg blown off after stepping on a landmine and was in a wheelchair that day. This couple then went to a Starbucks nearby to wait it out and counted five other people go in whilst they were sitting there.

I don't often condemn companies but as far as Abercrombie goes, no chance.

Its a clothes shop. You either like their clothes or you dont. Lets not get to carried away .... they arent the first retail chain to be classified as 'evil' in the press and they wont be the last.

yeh w/e.

Its a clothes shop. You either like their clothes or you dont. Lets not get to carried away .... they arent the first retail chain to be classified as 'evil' in the press and they wont be the last.

I'm not bothered about their clothes. Could be rags for all I care, when you start treating people differently because of things that are out of their control, you lose all respect from anyone with half a brain.

I also consider anyone wearing their clothing to be either uninformed or a pretentious *****.

I've found that A&F seems to have become smaller for each size in terms of the cut of their tops (pipe your laughing down at the back there, I haven't just become a fatty) - the newer stuff seems much tighter across the chest and shoulders than some of my older stuff which seems to indicate a change in fit from manlyman to girlyman - a sign of the times etc etc :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom