Home Assistant beginners

Depends a bit on how you've set up the dashboard - try looking at the grid layout card and putting your CCTV cards in there, you can make full width or however many columns widths you want.

If you want to force it, you could use CSS, eg

type: picture-entity
entity: camera.your_camera_entity
style: |
ha-card {
--ha-card-box-shadow: none;
height: 300px; // Adjust height as needed
width: 400px; // Adjust width as needed
}

Just paste this in your card YAML editor

Last edited:
@katie279 just been watching your recent video on the air sensor.

Whilst small. It’s not the prettiest. So does mounting location matter? Could you stick it under say a chest of drawers or would that affect readings?
Hey Martyn! Well I've been playing with a few different designs for this reason - it's very small and functional, but could benefit from a bit of styling as a container - I think one of my front runners is a UFO style puck (think smaller Ubiquiti U6 Pro look...). So that's an option - happy to share the STL files.

Mounting position depends a lot on your use, it's pretty flexible but you'd just need to check that it's suitably placed for whatever you're monitoring.

For example, under your drawers would be fine for most of the ambient sensors (temp, humidity) and you can add an offset if there were any challenges. I'd imagine things like dust readings might actually be slightly higher (which I'd say was good for knowing when to clean! ) But if airflow was lower there, then it might distort some of the gas readings.

What I'd probably do is just mount it one place for a week, then try under the drawers and compare readings to be sure.

You tried the easy approaches? Eg

Has any one used these zigbee irrigation timers? Link

I currently use a very simple timer that runs morning and evening. But wondered about swapping to a couple of these and linking them up with Home Assistant so it can look at the weather forecast and not water if it's going to be raining.
Yes! Have several and they're excellent!!!

A few months back I got some svg cutting guides for a cool light box silhouette thingy but the cutter I've got (an ancient CraftRobo) is rubbish at cutting paper and card and it just ended up tearing or not cutting properly and caused me a massive headache. Seeing the frankly amazing xTool M1 Ultra in your video, I wondered, if you might be able to cut the card for me with it so I can finally make the blooming thing? (naturally I'd be happy to pay for the card/expenses etc :))
Hey - you want to drop me an email on my site or PM and we can chat! More than happy to help, just might need to join the queue a bit at the moment!! ;)

Back
Top Bottom