Home Cinema Speaker Recommendations

Permabanned
Hi Guy's. I've recently started acquiring bit's for my home cinema setup but need recommendations on either 2 rear surround speakers or 2 front surround speakers. I will prefer to save some money and buy second hand and keep the cost down without buying rubbish.

So far I have

Sony STR-DN1080 as a receiver

3 x Monitor Audio Radius 180's as left, right and center (but could possible use left and right for rears).

And a BK XXLS400 for the sub.

What do you think?

Permabanned
OP
I don't fancy the idea of 45's they look too small to me plus people want stupid money for them. Smallest I'll go is 90's but I'm preferring the idea of getting some floor standers for the front and moving the 180's to the rear.

I have my eye on some Kef IQ5's or maybe some Monitor Audio Bronze BR5 if I can find a pair for the right money. Do you know of other similar speakers that will likely sell in the same ballpark as these?

Permabanned
OP
Well I’ve won some BR5’s so should pick them up tomorrow, will move the 180’s to the rear and maybe bi-amp the fronts. Will also upgrade the centre at some point.

What is the best way to set the BR5’s in bi-amp? What cross-over settings will I need to use ect?

Back
Top Bottom